Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV picture+sound

• 27-04-2021 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this but, I have a problem with a TV I have The telly is a Samsung 32" Series 4 (4500) The problem is most days well nearly everyday the sound and picture cuts out Weird colours flash on the screen picture goes distorted which is very annoying while trying to watch a tv programme:mad: I think this all happened when the switch from analog to digital and saorview came out because I lost a lot of channels no BBC Channel 4 E4 etc At the moment I only have RTE 1 + 2 Virgin 1, 2, 3 TG4 and RTE Junior then just the plus RTE channels. Can anybody please shed some light on what the problem is down to and how to fix it :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No funnily enough there’s one aspect of TV we don’t discuss on the Cable and Digital forums and it’s a quite important one - television sets themselves!

Moved to Video Displays and Projectors

Edit: Should add that I am doing so on the basis that the problem you want to discuss is the wierd colours/sound cut outs. The channel line up is a completely different issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 STEE91281

icdg wrote: »
    No funnily enough there’s one aspect of TV we don’t discuss on the Cable and Digital forums and it’s a quite important one - television sets themselves!

Moved to Video Displays and Projectors

Edit: Should add that I am doing so on the basis that the problem you want to discuss is the wierd colours/sound cut outs. The channel line up is a completely different issue.

The channel line up happened after the switch from analog to digital

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

STEE91281 wrote: »
    The channel line up happened after the switch from analog to digital

You must of had either cablelink/NTL or a massive aerial on the roof to get those channels previously

What is your TV plugged into now as it sounds like the signal isn't great?

Sometimes it goes all together and it says "weak or no signal check the arieal" its not plugged into anything

Well there ya go, check the aerial

Post in the Terrestrial forum if your still stuck

• Advertisement

athlone573 wrote: »
    Well there ya go, check the aerial

Post in the Terrestrial forum if your still stuck

I dont even have an aerial for it. There's only the cable you plug into the back of the the tv to the box thats on the wall in the room :confused:

STEE91281 wrote: »
    I dont even have an aerial for it. There's only the cable you plug into the back of the the tv to the box thats on the wall in the room :confused:

Watch this video for a start :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2CyNGNO1Q

Advertisement