Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof vent cover

Options
  • 27-04-2021 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Very random question, but I am trying to identify the size or brand of a roof vent cover.

I noticed a beam of light coming in to the attic, and on closer inspection realised the cover had come off one of the vents in the roof. I want to get a new one, but (a) am not sure if there is just a standard size and fit and (b) am not sure who I should get to do it, if not doing it myself - a roofer?

Any advice on replacing it would be appreciated.

Photos of the roof here:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Standard vent cap.
    I’d go to one of the big suppliers and show the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭randomguy

Thanks Gumbo - Are the big suppliers someone like Screwfix? Or a Builders Providers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

randomguy wrote: »
    Thanks Gumbo - Are the big suppliers someone like Screwfix? Or a Builders Providers?

Screwfix is like Argos.
    Your just buying from a book and the guys just get it from inventory.

Go to the likes of Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley’s, The Grange or other builders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭randomguy

In the end, I talked to a builders providers, who referred me to a roofing supply company (commercial), who referred me to another roofing supply company (domestic), who referred me to a roofer, who identified it as a Klober Universal 20 K Roof Tile Vent, and who is coming out tomorrow to replace it.

Result!

Advertisement