Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oriental salad leaves

Options
  • 27-04-2021 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Anybody grown oriental salad leaves? Picked some up recently and have grown a few per module and planted out. Few vids on the Internet on how to grow but am looking for inspiration on what do with them when they do! Pack says to add to salads or use in stir fry.

I generelly just grow lettuces so this is a new one for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pat2167

I'm growing mizuna, pakchoi and japanese mustard at the moment. I know it's bad timing as some pakchoi is bolting already but they are still edible and grow so well. Pakchoi is great for kimchi and super delicious in stir-fries with a dash of teriyaki or oyster sauce. Never cooked mizuna or mustard, used them in salads, wraps or rolls, the leaves give a nice spiciness. will be doing second sowing later in summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just eat them in cheddar sandwiches - the combination of bitter and creamy work a treat!

Advertisement