Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authorisation charges

Options
  • 28-04-2021 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Hi, I made an order with Amazon UK a few days ago. It was delivered yesterday. The amount at yesterday's exchange rate has been charged to my account, but the amount at the exchange rate on the day I ordered is still showing as an authorisation charge.

In effect, this has put my account into overdraft, which means I have literally no access to my money. Which is a huge problem at the moment as I can't afford to buy my monthly medication prescription.

I have spoken to Amazon and they said I need to discuss it with you, they have no control over it.

How long do I have to wait until the authorisation is removed and I can access my money again?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi, I made an order with Amazon UK a few days ago. It was delivered yesterday. The amount at yesterday's exchange rate has been charged to my account, but the amount at the exchange rate on the day I ordered is still showing as an authorisation charge.

In effect, this has put my account into overdraft, which means I have literally no access to my money. Which is a huge problem at the moment as I can't afford to buy my monthly medication prescription.

I have spoken to Amazon and they said I need to discuss it with you, they have no control over it.

How long do I have to wait until the authorisation is removed and I can access my money again?

Thank you.
    Hi There,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Generally this can happen as a result of how the transaction is processed by the merchant. This would usually remain as pending on the account for up to 5 working days before being automatically rectified on the account. 

As soon as you can no longer see the second transaction this has been rectified on your account.

We hope this helps to clarify things for you.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement