Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldis makeral

• 28-04-2021 10:32am

Hey. So i pick up makeral from aldi the smoked fillits, works out cheaper than getting it from fish shop. Anyway does anyone know if these are wild caught or if its farm fed? Important distingushment for me as i want wild caught. Also is there a customer email for aldi in ireland? I struggled to find one on google.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Wexman1992 wrote: »
    Hey. So i pick up makeral from aldi the smoked fillits, works out cheaper than getting it from fish shop. Anyway does anyone know if these are wild caught or if its farm fed? Important distingushment for me as i want wild caught. Also is there a customer email for aldi in ireland? I struggled to find one on google.

I have never heard of farmed mackerel.
    I don't think it exists.

I'm curious why you want only wild caught fish
    If it's from an environmental standpoint, there is no simple answer as to which is worse.

I have never heard of farmed mackerel.
    I don't think it exists.

I'm curious why you want only wild caught fish
    If it's from an environmental standpoint, there is no simple answer as to which is worse.

avoiding grains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

OP Ive a packet of it in the fridge (brand is 'The Fishmonger') and the label doesnt say anything on it to indicate if they are farmed or wild. It just says the origin is Scotland and labels them as Atlantic mackerel.

I would say emailing and asking Aldi customer services is the only way you'll be able to find out for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭con747

A phone number on the Aldi "contact us" page of the website. https://customerservice.aldi.ie/contact

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I'm almost certain that there's no such thing as farmed mackerel, it's not expensive enough to be a viable proposition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

avoiding grains.

Mackeral is fished in the North Atlantic, not farmed, though I think it can be farmed.

Why would you need to worry about grains in fish though?

Padre_Pio wrote: »

Why would you need to worry about grains in fish though?

I'd imagine fear of traces "carrying through".

Most people agree that celiac sufferers can drink spirits distilled from grain but some people and organisations disagree.

Could be a similar argument about animals that have been fed grain. Maybe?

OP, I'm not answering on your behalf, just speculating on why someone might avoid farmed fish for this reason.

I'd imagine fear of traces "carrying through".

Most people agree that celiac sufferers can drink spirits distilled from grain but some people and organisations disagree.

Could be a similar argument about animals that have been fed grain. Maybe?

OP, I'm not answering on your behalf, just speculating on why someone might avoid farmed fish for this reason.

yeh pretty much the gluten thing and omega 6s. thats why id rather wild caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Definitely caught at sea, not farmed.

Definitely caught at sea, not farmed.

Your username could be a supermarket fresh fish brand!

• Advertisement
Advertisement