Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend somewhere safe for serious pint drinking

Options
  • 28-04-2021 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭

Hello my Northern Friends - It looks like the pubs and beer gardens will be open up there before down here in Mayo.
    Can anyone recommend a place / Village / Town / City where a gang off Southern lads can go on the lash. We would be staying in cars / vans / tents. Probably loud. I am looking for somewhere safe - Prefer not to be getting involved in brawls.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

TBH - i don't think many towns, villages or cities would appreciate a group of loud lads staying in cars/vans/tents in their area. Most campsites have a 11pm or earlier noise curfew..

Lots of great towns all over the North for going on the lash and not getting involved in brawls - never seen anyone get involved in a brawl unless they want too... or are rude and loud and have no respect for other patrons..

Most places are perfectly safe for a group of southern lads, avoid certain areas of Belfast, but other than that, all good.

I would consider looking into staying in the middle of nowhere and taxiing into town etc, don't be staying somewhere family friendly, or possibly consider a large airbnb or a hostel..

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

6541 wrote: »
    Hello my Northern Friends - It looks like the pubs and beer gardens will be open up there before down here in Mayo.
    Can anyone recommend a place / Village / Town / City where a gang off Southern lads can go on the lash. We would be staying in cars / vans / tents. Probably loud. I am looking for somewhere safe - Prefer not to be getting involved in brawls.
    Thanks in advance.

I’m sure towns all over ireland would love to see a large group of Loud lads drinking and sleeping in their cars in the local car park . Sure you could even park on the Main Street out side the “serious “ drinkers pub .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

The lads from Mayo will be up in their parish GAA jerseys, bootcut wranglers and slip on shoes.

Cans on Ireland eye sounds like a better place for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Pitch up in a tent in Achill with a bag of cans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058176831

similar question from a few weeks ago. Might get some ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 29,184 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cans on Ireland eye sounds like a better place for ya
    Pitch up in a tent in Achill with a bag of cans.
    Jesus, leave the poor islands alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

6541 wrote:
    Hello my Northern Friends - It looks like the pubs and beer gardens will be open up there before down here in Mayo. Can anyone recommend a place / Village / Town / City where a gang off Southern lads can go on the lash. We would be staying in cars / vans / tents. Probably loud. I am looking for somewhere safe - Prefer not to be getting involved in brawls. Thanks in advance.

Glad to hear ye are leaving Mayo anyway. Have fun. No hurry back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Jeezs, Very negative - We will be pumping money into the local economy. Enniskillen could be the spot as its near. We will be sleeping in Cars / Tents / Vans. Any park around there we can camp up in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Jeezs, Very negative - We will be pumping money into the local economy. Enniskillen could be the spot as its near. We will be sleeping in Cars / Tents / Vans. Any park around there we can camp up in ?

Drunk in control of a vehicle is what the PSNI will charge you with if you sleep in your cars, this will result in a night in the cells as you don't have a UK address. The PSNI enforce their laws and won't be happy that a group of people breaking the law in their own country, by travelling to NI, and the law in NI, by sleeping in their cars under the influence.

Book a holiday rental if you are going. Some locals might not be happy that a group of people who aren't vaccinated are in their area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ya think the replies here are negative?, Wait till you see the negatively directed at ye in Enniskillen !

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jesus, leave the poor islands alone :(

Well at least my suggestion is empty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

sleeping in your car after a skinfull? you can be prosecuted for drunk in charge.

the PSNI are not thrilled about drunk in charge.

and they are not famous for their sense of humour.

as to negativity.......

Maybe the locals will want to be first in the queue for the bars and wont be thrilled at a group of folk breaking their nation's lockdown restrictions to come north.

If you are seriously so desperate for a drink then a, stay at home, b, consider counselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Del2005 wrote: »
    Drunk in control of a vehicle is what the PSNI will charge you with if you sleep in your cars, this will result in a night in the cells as you don't have a UK address. The PSNI enforce their laws and won't be happy that a group of people breaking the law in their own country, by travelling to NI, and the law in NI, by sleeping in their cars under the influence.

Book a holiday rental if you are going. Some locals might not be happy that a group of people who aren't vaccinated are in their area.

I don't recognize the PSNI. All we are doing is going for a few pints. However plans may change as it looks like the pubs are opening down in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don't recognize the PSNI. All we are doing is going for a few pints. However plans may change as it looks like the pubs are opening down in the West.

Try harder. One of the more spoofer thread in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

OP why would you not stay in a hotel or similar?

Why put yourself through the torture of sleeping in a tent or your car .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Errrr that's not really how things work....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP isn't allowed to leave his county.

Lock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement