Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is PHEV a reasonable choice in rural Ireland to replace a diesel?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

batman1 wrote: »
    Is PHEV a reasonable choice in rural Ireland to replace a diesel?

I'm still of the view that a PHEV can work well. A BEV can work equally as well & there's more choice becoming available every day.
    The other option, which no doubt some of the more radical environmentalists would prefer, would be 100% use of public transport or even to suggest you move to a city & rent an apartment & bicycle :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

butrasgali wrote: »
    The price for the diesel sportline superb is about 45 grand on the website..not sure what model you are pricing at

I'd want the estate and that's coming in 53 grand. Your well into Enyaq money then. I don't see how a phev competes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

butrasgali wrote: »
    Have a look on done deal..I counted about 10 superb ,diesel and phev on it..some of the phevs are cheaper than the 2 litre diesels..I've always had a diesel, last car was the scout..so when I saw the 2 at identical priced cars sitting in the forecourt..the extras in the phev swung It for me..

If it's no more expensive.....

Some depreciation if it's fallen 6k below the price of it's cheaper ice equivalent,?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭butrasgali

Yes,I think they were overpriced in the 1st place..250 only Brought into the country last year,I'd say they had to drop the price to sell them..

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

The price for the Superb PHEV is pre-grant, take €5k off the listed price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    The price for the Superb PHEV is pre-grant, take €5k off the listed price.
    I copped that since Paul, I hadn't thought of it the other day. Thanks. Is that grant finishing this year did I read somewhere anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

finbarrk wrote: »
    I copped that since Paul, I hadn't thought of it the other day. Thanks. Is that grant finishing this year did I read somewhere anyone?

Pretty sure it's going down to €2500 from the start of July, some dealers are advertising that you should "head on down now" so they can get you the full €5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Another put off if they are going up by €2,500.

Advertisement