Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slabbing back garden, some questions

Options
  • 28-04-2021 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

I may hire someone to do it but interested in seeing what Im going to get quoted for.

Garden 6m wide 10m long to back wall.
    Garden slopes from back of house to back wall. Slope is 600mm

So want to level that out before getting slabs down.

If my maths are right on that it should be (6*10*.6) / 2 = 18 cubic meters before anything else comes into play. Do I use aggregate or gravel for that? From looking online thats about 35 ton bags. Seems a lot to me but maybe thats right. €50 for a bag so €1750.
    No access to the back so thats going to take a number of days to get from front of house to back through sideway.

For porcelain slabs I know its a straight meters squared by tile price. so if go for a 35 per sqm tile it will cost (60sqm x 35) = €2100. Add a percentage for offcuts?

How much cement/slurry/grout for that?

How long should it take them to lay tiles over that area?

How much of this could I effectively do myself (have couple brothers who owe me some manual labour time) before hiring a pro in to do the tiling?

Advertisement