Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian jailed for filming dying officers

Options
  • 28-04-2021 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

May have missed a thread. Couldn't find one in a search.

What a special vile piece of prick.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56910687

Got off far too lightly in my estimation.

When any decent minded person with an ounce of empathy would be trying to provide assistance and comfort this ****bag does this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Evidently a complete sociopath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Hopefully he has ruined his life and won't ever get away from what he did, what a hateful ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Awful

you have to admire the 22 year sentence given to the truck driver who crashed into them

he'd be out after what about 4 years here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

What a vile excuse for a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

"Last month, Judge Trevor Wraight said the media had demonised Pusey to the point where he was "probably the most hated man in Australia".

Aw poor lad. Judge Wraight ever consider it was his actions that made him such ? If the media helped then even better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

Disgusting individual. Extremely light sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

An arsehole in finance driving a Porsche turns out to be a low life scum bag, its like he found the job for his personality

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There's 'oh my god, someone is dying, I should document this for litigation or whatever' and there's what this convicted asshole did. Appalling. No effort to help or lend comfort, quite the opposite in several regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

Overheal wrote: »
    There's 'oh my god, someone is dying, I should document this for litigation or whatever' and there's what this convicted asshole did. Appalling. No effort to help or lend comfort, quite the opposite in several regards.

And refuse to help the dying when asked to do so by other bystanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

10 months seems ridiculous, seriously horrendous behaviour

• Advertisement

I really hope this is appealed. Surely a petition will be organised (for what its worth but they can work). I rarely get too exercised but this appalled me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,849 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

There was a case in the US where a teenager filmed a disabled man drowning instead of helping him.

He got off because the judge said there was no legal obligation to help

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The mortgage broker had been speeding in his car on a Melbourne freeway last year when he was pulled over by four officers.

While they were making his arrest, all four were struck by a lorry that had veered out of its lane.

Senior Constables Lynette Taylor and Kevin King, and Constables Glen Humphris and Josh Prestney died at the scene.

Pusey had been standing a few metres away and avoided the crash, but afterwards pulled out his phone and began filming numerous videos, some of which ran for more than three minutes.
    What a sicko. Lock up, throw away key.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There was a case in the US where a teenager filmed a disabled man drowning instead of helping him.

That's first year law sadly. There is no obligation to help in most common law countries AFAIK. Some US states have certain laws but again AFAIK they are only if you've started a rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The lorry driver, Mohinder Singh, was jailed earlier this month to 22 years for the deaths.

A court found that the truck driver had been high on drugs, suffering delusions and hallucinations, and driving erratically when he ploughed his truck into the officers.

What a ****ed up way to go. Hit by a crazed druggie and then an even crazier druggie videos you as you die.

RIP officers. At least your killer got what he deserved.

• Site Banned Posts: 32 AmyMurphy22

Have you heard of Peter Singer's shallow pond argument?
    In summary: You would be a monster to walk past a child drowning in a shallow pond simply because you don't want to get your new expensive suit ruined. You would be expected to save their life, even if you lose the $200 suit. BUT since it is so easy in the year 2021 to save a life for $200 (by donating to Against Malaria Foundation etc), why is it not equally morally wrong to spend $200 on a suit/games/a meal etc. You could save MANY lives instead. Do you have an obligation to do so? Why is this so different?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

He said a lot more than what is being put out in the media. A lot worse too.
    Day after the accident he arrived at his office to find it vandalised... called the police and wanted them to protect him. SCUM doesn't even come close.
    He actually fled the scene too. Then sent the videos to 3 friends. One of which was a cop. So not only is he a spineless low life he's a massive dope into the bargain. Laws need to be changed around this

That's first year law sadly. There is no obligation to help in most common law countries AFAIK. Some US states have certain laws but again AFAIK they are only if you've started a rescue.

I don't know how widespread the Good Samaritan law is worldwide but you would hope that wouldn't be the only barrier stopping from helping someone in need. To use a phone to film even after contacting emergency services should be a crime unless it was a hopeless situation and the person filming was doing so for evidential reasons. And in this day and age how likely is that. Its for likes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjo1i2f9-vM

I was watching an older docu on All4 about UK police being attacked the other day. Scumbags standing round filming and laughing. Be brave boys if they had armed police willing to shoot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭archfi

10 months for that is a joke IMO and made even worse that the judge knew he'd be out in a few days as he's been on remand for well, 10 months.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yeah hard to disagree with the sentiment that Pusey is a pathetic excuse for a human being

I see Pusey threw out the mental health card to justify his actions, something that seems to be more and more common - obviously his mental health issues couldn't be bad if he's able to retain a job that affords him a Porche

A despicable low life and that sentence should have been quadrupled at a minimum

• Advertisement

Have you heard of Peter Singer's shallow pond argument?
    In summary: You would be a monster to walk past a child drowning in a shallow pond simply because you don't want to get your new expensive suit ruined. You would be expected to save their life, even if you lose the $200 suit. BUT since it is so easy in the year 2021 to save a life for $200 (by donating to Against Malaria Foundation etc), why is it not equally morally wrong to spend $200 on a suit/games/a meal etc. You could save MANY lives instead. Do you have an obligation to do so? Why is this so different?

To be fair, someone considers $200 to be an expensive suit probably hasn't got $200 to spare to be sending to some charity that might end up going to be used to build a hayshed on the CEO's private property

Yeah hard to disagree with the sentiment that Pusey is a pathetic excuse for a human being

I see Pusey threw out the mental health card to justify his actions, something that seems to be more and more common - obviously his mental health issues couldn't be bad if he's able to retain a job that affords him a Porche

A despicable low life and that sentence should have been quadrupled at a minimum

I - look. I was on board and King of the World'ing on the bow of your ship in this post but then the bolded bit.

Having a high earning job or a luxury veh-hic-cle isn't evidence of the absence of mental illness; frankly and sincerely I take exception with that stigmatization in general. If you need an impersonal example: the 45th President of the United States was a billionaire sociopath and a notorious narcissist.

I - look. I was on board and King of the World'ing on the bow of your ship in this post but then the bolded bit.

Having a high earning job or a luxury veh-hic-cle isn't evidence of the absence of mental illness; frankly and sincerely I take exception with that stigmatization in general. If you need an impersonal example: the 45th President of the United States was a billionaire sociopath and a notorious narcissist.

You also can't say it is. A defense will throw everything into the mix to get a client off. That's they're job.

I'm totally sure the fella is lacking something to make him such a cnut. Does that let him off the hook ? The fcuk it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Remember someone spread photos of that crash on the M50? I don't want to talk of the details but did they ever find the culprit?

If you need an impersonal example: the 45th President of the United States was a billionaire sociopath and a notorious narcissist.

45 did have lovely hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Vile human being, pity he didn't get a longer stint in prison.

Heckler wrote: »
    You also can't say it is. A defense will throw everything into the mix to get a client off. That's they're job.

I'm totally sure the fella is lacking something to make him such a cnut. Does that let him off the hook ? The fcuk it does.

Agreed, but the defense must still try if it has any legs, eg. counseling visits medicine etc. as his zealous advocate.

It would have to be a very compelling and documented illness to sway my opinion about him being an abhorrent POS though, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Remember someone spread photos of that crash on the M50? I don't want to talk of the details but did they ever find the culprit?

There was a number of motorists prosecuted or to be prosecuted for stopping on the m50.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Maybe this is something they can learn from and when pulling vehicles over get them to follow off at next exit or services.
    Very sad 4 were killed due to 2 people both off their face.

The trucker is going to be 22 years off the road at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Mollydog123

He will be a pariah for the rest of his life. A bit like the guy suspected of murdering the French woman in West Cork.

Advertisement