Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian jailed for filming dying officers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

What crime was he charged with in the end?

I looked it up

Outraging public decency:

is a common law offence in England and Wales[1] Hong Kong[citation needed] and the Australian states of New South Wales and Victoria.[2]:42 It is punishable by unlimited imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

EddieN75 wrote: »

I looked it up

is a common law offence in England and Wales[1] Hong Kong[citation needed] and the Australian states of New South Wales and Victoria.[2]:42 It is punishable by unlimited imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine.

The custodial sentence is negligible. Hopefully its his name and knowledge by people of what he did that will make him a pariah wherever he goes. A worthless waste of space and air.

Maybe this is something they can learn from and when pulling vehicles over get them to follow off at next exit or services.
    Very sad 4 were killed due to 2 people both off their face.

The trucker is going to be 22 years off the road at least.

Yea, maybe they can learn that a random drugged up truck driver could come along and assassinate them all.

Australia had some strange notions when the victims are police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Heckler wrote: »
    The custodial sentence is negligible. Hopefully its his name and knowledge by people of what he did that will make him a pariah wherever he goes. A worthless waste of space and air.

Itl all be forgotten by the next news cycle. Same as everything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Australia had some strange notions when the victims are police.

One more thing to attribute to Down Under

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

What a piece of shít.

Outstanding name though... Dick Pusey

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

karlram wrote: »
    H
    He actually fled the scene too. Then sent the videos to 3 friends. One of which was a cop. So not only is he a spineless low life he's a massive dope into the bargain. Laws need to be changed around this

I assumed the mental health stuff in the article was his solicitor trying it on but at best hes an idiot. Friend or not, theres surely no way he expected his mate thats a cop to just reply "lol" and leave it at that?

EddieN75 wrote: »

I looked it up

Sounds like Australians might be taking up an interest in updating their good Samaritan laws if this is the sauce they hit him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is there capital punishment in oz?

Someone like him would be a candidate

• Advertisement

• Absolutely abhorrent. The lack of compassion is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yea, maybe they can learn that a random drugged up truck driver could come along and assassinate them all.

No need to be such a smart arse.....

What I'm saying is this actually does happen a lot, as in crashes, higher speeds, it would be much safer to get off the fast sections, if this were the case they'd all be alive, there is no need whatsoever to be on a hard shoulder unless broke down.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Overheal wrote: »
    Sounds like Australians might be taking up an interest in updating their good Samaritan laws if this is the sauce they hit him with.

There needs to be clear (if thats possible) lines between when you are required to help and how much though. Someone disabled in relatively safe water that they are physically unable to rescue themselves from is a long way from jumping in to effectively battlefield surgery without knowing anything after a pile up.

I presume theres no requirement to put yourself in danger with these laws? Like the guy in London the other day that died saving the woman that jumped in the river.

Obviously calling for help should be a bare minimum requirement in any situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Does oz have the death sentence does anyone know

There needs to be clear (if thats possible) lines between when you are required to help and how much though. Someone disabled in relatively safe water that they are physically unable to rescue themselves from is a long way from jumping in to effectively battlefield surgery without knowing anything after a pile up.

I presume theres no requirement to put yourself in danger with these laws? Like the guy in London the other day that died saving the woman that jumped in the river.

Obviously calling for help should be a bare minimum requirement in any situation.

And some subsection in there about not harassing, even tormenting parties in distress that you have no intention of helping, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Is there capital punishment in oz?

Someone like him would be a candidate
    No capital punishment in oz. Each individual state has their own laws. He would've been sentenced under New South Wales law.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

First time it's been used since 1958 I believe!

Necro wrote: »
    First time it's been used since 1958 I believe!

To be fair that just shows how rare his behavior really is, too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

To be fair that just shows how rare his behavior really is, too.

Yeah, it really is a bizarre case. I can't quite fathom how the thought to video a horrific accident where there are serious injuries and/or deaths would even cross through someone's mind. Takes a special type of character to do that sort of thing.

Yeah, it really is a bizarre case. I can't quite fathom how the thought to video a horrific accident where there are serious injuries and/or deaths would even cross through someone's mind. Takes a special type of character to do that sort of thing.

Which is normally sans the taunting of those dying.

As other witnesses tried to help the injured, Pusey could be heard in the video saying that this was "justice" and that he'd have to get an Uber home, Judge Wraight added.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/australia/pusey-sentencing-australia-scli-intl/index.html

• Advertisement

But journalist and car crash chasers do this all the time.... Full of it on YouTube, seems to be more a USA thing but it is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

He didn't kill those officers but what he did was abhorrent in the extreme. That Judge had a means to send a message to these social media obsessed phone culture clowns and he fcuked it. Well done Judge. You twat. A slap on the wrist.

This prick is laughing.

Heckler wrote: »
    He didn't kill those officers but what he did was abhorrent in the extreme. That Judge had a means to send a message to these social media obsessed phone culture clowns and he fcuked it. Well done Judge. You twat. A slap on the wrist.

This prick is laughing.

That would be called legislating from the bench, by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

I assumed the mental health stuff in the article was his solicitor trying it on but at best hes an idiot. Friend or not, theres surely no way he expected his mate thats a cop to just reply "lol" and leave it at that?

Most solicitors will try that angle. Shouldn't have called him an idiot as that is a real slur to genuine idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

A mortgage broker, sounds about right, known to attract sociopaths

No need to be such a smart arse.....

What I'm saying is this actually does happen a lot, as in crashes, higher speeds, it would be much safer to get off the fast sections, if this were the case they'd all be alive, there is no need whatsoever to be on a hard shoulder unless broke down.

Oh yeah, sure what would the police know about road safety.
    I know the first thing I thought when I read this story was, great the police could learn something here #rolleyes#

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    A mortgage broker, sounds about right, known to attract sociopaths

Is it, or is that something that just popped into your head?

I believe financial careers have been shown to have a higher level of successful sociopaths.

Business in general is considered to an area where sociopaths will do well compared to say, police or paramedics, etc. Obvious reasons.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Oh yeah, sure what would the police know about road safety.
    I know the first thing I thought when I read this story was, great the police could learn something here #rolleyes#

Are you actually for real.....

It's a discussion, I've commented that it could be learned from and no more needless deaths due to such a scenario again in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

yea, theres been studies done alright, the corporate world, in particular the financial sector is known to have a higher degree of cluster b's, than many other sectors, attracted to the potential wealth gains, societal gains, and ultimately feeding their narcissistic tendencies

Advertisement