Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non drip box sheeting

Options
  • 28-04-2021 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hi
    On a new shed with box sheeting lined with non drip membrane when it rains I notice the non drip membrane is slightly damp a few inches on the inside of the shed. Is the membrane that is on the outside over hang drawing the moisture in. Should I just cut off the membrane on the over hang that is exposed. Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

I believe this is called wicking and one option is to remove the anti con membrane on the outside alright, how easy is it to peel off ? What length is the overhang ? Is the outside just getting wet from rain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

I believe this is called wicking and one option is to remove the anti con membrane on the outside alright, how easy is it to peel off ? What length is the overhang ? Is the outside just getting wet from rain ?

The over hang is two inches, not tried peeling it off but will give it ago. Thx
    I found this guide - seems the edge should have been scored on installation https://www.roofingsheetsbyrhino.com/anti-condensation-roofing-sheets/

Advertisement