Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastercard 3D Secure trying to sent OTP code to my landline

Options
  • 28-04-2021 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

Pretty much as the title says, I'm trying to pay motor tax on motortax.ie (which use Realex for payments) and I'm being thrown to an identity check 3D secure page, but they're trying to send the code to my landline and not my mobile! It says it's sending to my mobile on record but it's not my mobile number.

Weird thing is 3D secure has always worked fine for me before, it would send the code to my mobile fine. Why does it suddenly think my landline is my mobile? Could it be a problem on motortax.ie's end?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Pretty much as the title says, I'm trying to pay motor tax on motortax.ie (which use Realex for payments) and I'm being thrown to an identity check 3D secure page, but they're trying to send the code to my landline and not my mobile! It says it's sending to my mobile on record but it's not my mobile number.

Weird thing is 3D secure has always worked fine for me before, it would send the code to my mobile fine. Why does it suddenly think my landline is my mobile? Could it be a problem on motortax.ie's end?
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am very sorry to hear this. For the best help with your query, I would recommend contacting our 3D Secure Verified by Visa Team on 0818200370 or 0035312500370. One of my colleagues will be happy to look into this and get it sorted for you.

I hope this information helps and if there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭G1032

Same thing happened me when trying to pay my motor tax. Rang the credit card services number. Call answered within a minute or two and issue sorted as quick. No problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

thanks, ringing them was easy and now it's all good. the weird thing is I never had a problem on other sites with 3d secure but there ya go

Advertisement