Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French generals cause backlash with 'civil war' warning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

EddieN75 wrote: »
    A lot of people are concerned about the huge amount of immigration into Europe form outside. Nobody is permitted to question it.

You have already brought up the Nazis which proves the point.

A lot of people are concerned about vaccines causing autism and fluoridated water, you are being lied to. Immigration has always happened, and there have always been xenophobic campaigns against immigrants.

Your life or culture or way of life or heritage are not under threat from immigration into Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

se worked and laid out way. Unlike many nowadays. I guess the thread on housing and the local authority figures hasn’t been read by you yet. And we didn’t mutilate out children, demand beheading of
    thise who didn’t agree with our believe and drive trucks and bombs into people out walking down promenades in the evening because they didnn’t agree with our religious views, or shoot up concerts or declare jihad on anyone speaking against out religion in countries we travelled to. But hey - carry on regardless. Shirah law or FGM not going to affect you. Oh - we don’t do that either - home OR away - exactly what the french generals are protesting against their governments inept policing over and facilitation of. At least they have a set of balls and are prepared to use them. Its not unreasonable to expect the civic authorities to protect its legal citizens against practices and behaviours abhorrent to and against its laws . it’s a minimum expectation.

Possibly. Although a lot of people are simply concerned with Islam, and the practices of Muslims in Europe... as opposed to being concerned with racial purity.

It does't have to be one or the other. There's a lot of people who are concerned...

The Neo Nazis and other xenophobic and fascist groups in Europe are the tail that wags the dog of ‘concerned people’

The ‘concerned’ are their voter base, if these extremists ever get into power we’ll see their true nature

We’ve seen with Brexit how fragile the democratic process can be, propaganda and lies and scapegoating ‘the other’ can get millions of people to vote to remove their own fundamental freedoms and condemn themselves to poverty and decline

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Akrasia wrote: »
    A lot of people are concerned about vaccines causing autism and fluoridated water, you are being lied to. Immigration has always happened, and there have always been xenophobic campaigns against immigrants.

Your life or culture or way of life or heritage are not under threat from immigration into Europe

We are being lied it alright. The only immigration Ireland has a seen on the scale that has occurred in the last 20 years was the plantations. You'll forgive me if I don't embrace it.

This level of immigration into Europe from other continents has never been the norm.

We are being lied to.

Bambi wrote: »
    We are being lied it alright. The only immigration Ireland has a seen on the scale that has occurred in the last 20 years was the plantations. You'll forgive me if I don't embrace it.

This level of immigration into Europe from other continents has never been the norm.

We are being lied to.
    Lol, there is absolutely zero comparison between the plantations and current immigration into Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Lol, there is absolutely zero comparison between the plantations and current immigration into Ireland

Nor is their any comparison to being wary or against Islamic immigration into Europe and the Nazi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Ah yes. Back in the mid 1800s. The exact same.

A theme is emerging. Always looking to the past instead of looking at what is coming down the line

As opposed to the theme of "You should fear this as it is unprecedented and never happened before and by the way in no way rank hypocrisy given Irelands own history"

micosoft wrote: »
    As opposed to the theme of "You should fear this as it is unprecedented and never happened before and by the way in no way rank hypocrisy given Irelands own history"

Islam and modern liberal Europe are not compatible.
    Leads to division, suspicion and parallel societies

This isn't a theory. It's reality in parts of France, Germany, Belgium, Sweden etc.

There is no benefit to Europe.

Points based skilled immigration to fill labour shortages: yes please

Anything else is not to our benefit

Nor is their any comparison to being wary or against Islamic immigration into Europe and the Nazi's.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/many-marine-le-pen-cohorts-linked-to-neo-nazi-ideas-1.3015127%3Fmode%3Damp

As opposed to just jump on a boat and sail to America. No visa or sob story required. In you went .

The kicker was if you didn't work or fend for yourself you starved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A lot of the people spreading propaganda and agitating against Muslims are neo nazis.

They are concerned with racial purity

Would even be .001% be.

You are running with your own projections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

The Ulster Plantations used violence, land theft and ended up with ~50% of the population in some places being non-Irish with a no Irish identity acquired through naturalisation. Modern immigration has arose through peaceful means and resulted in ~20-50% of the population of some parts of Dublin and other towns being non-Irish with a spectrum of naturalised Irish and stateless identities emerging. So they are different but quite comparable.

Absolutely. We've seen this movie before. And look how the subsequent century turned out for America. Absolute disaster. Hordes of uneducated Irish with their nasty Catholic religion immigrating and taking jobs from the natives and creating no go zones in Boston and parts of New York. Having tens of children with their oppressed bare foot wives too. Let's riot to stop them!

So, you're comparing cultures with similar backgrounds/values.... to a culture that is a polar opposite with most of its values?

Yup. That makes sense. Anyway, the US is a terrible example for lauding the benefits of multiculturalism.

The Neo Nazis and other xenophobic and fascist groups in Europe are the tail that wags the dog of ‘concerned people’

The ‘concerned’ are their voter base, if these extremists ever get into power we’ll see their true nature

We’ve seen with Brexit how fragile the democratic process can be, propaganda and lies and scapegoating ‘the other’ can get millions of people to vote to remove their own fundamental freedoms and condemn themselves to poverty and decline

I have to laugh. You dismiss the concerns of people about immigration and the lack of integration/assimilation... while seeking to raise concerns about neo-Nazism/Fascism.

Democracy was never what people pretended it to be, and it was always extremely fragile.

I have to laugh. You dismiss the concerns of people about immigration and the lack of integration/assimilation... while seeking to raise concerns about neo-Nazism/Fascism.

Democracy was never what people pretended it to be, and it was always extremely fragile.

A poster stated that nobody was stopping people from questioning immigration or voicing their concerns while another says concerned voices are led by neo Nazis.

Is it it any wonder why we are where we are . And I don't think we have seen anything yet

So, you're comparing cultures with similar backgrounds/values.... to a culture that is a polar opposite with most of its values?

Yup. That makes sense. Anyway, the US is a terrible example for lauding the benefits of multiculturalism.

You see the issue here like many is you can't be bothered read anything that does not fit into your "know nothing" mindset. You refuse to accept that the exact arguments you have used have been used for millennia with minor repackaging . To feed your ego you insist that you've stumbled upon a new existential crisis to feel important and not just repackaging of xenophobia that was around even in Ancient Greece. When in fact it's a sad, cliched stale argument. At least the know-knothing movement were honest about their ideology. Brexiteers, DUP voters, working class Republicans, East German ADF supporters - all scrambling for some meaning in life which can only be had by belittling and punching down to some "other".

A poster stated that nobody was stopping people from questioning immigration or voicing their concerns while another says concerned voices are led by neo Nazis.

Is it it any wonder why we are where we are . And I don't think we have seen anything yet

Whats the contraction? Nobody is stopping people question immigration?

Are you hypocritically suggesting that people should not be allowed question people that question immigration? Question if in fact they are basing that question on neo-nazi ideology?

I find it ironic how people wailing for freedom of speech seem deeply offended when other people use the same right to question their point of view especially if the questions seem to be in bad faith.

You see the issue here like many is you can't be bothered read anything that does not fit into your "know nothing" mindset. You refuse to accept that the exact arguments you have used have been used for millennia with minor repackaging . To feed your ego you insist that you've stumbled upon a new existential crisis to feel important and not just repackaging of xenophobia that was around even in Ancient Greece. When in fact it's a sad, cliched stale argument. At least the know-knothing movement were honest about their ideology. Brexiteers, DUP voters, working class Republicans, East German ADF supporters - all scrambling for some meaning in life which can only be had by belittling and punching down to some "other".

So... the same as you have just done to me... without actually dealing with the content on my posts. Instead, you have assigned behaviors and attitudes to me, as a poster, that you have no basis for stating.

It's a paragraph of insults. Reported.

So... the same as you have just done to me... without actually dealing with the content on my posts. Instead, you have assigned behaviors and attitudes to me, as a poster, that you have no basis for stating.

It's a paragraph of insults. Reported.

I've read your commends and analysis. There is nothing new in it. That's the point. You are simply parroting talking points that have been done ad infinitum from the same sources. You can report away but I'm perfectly entitled to say that attacking immigrants is punching down - and to your point - if you actually read the sentence I listed the groups who punch down. If you choose to include yourself in one of those groups well....

As an aside I don't see any immigrants on this thread able to defend their existence in this country... again, freedom of speech does not mean others do not have a right to robustly challenge those viewpoints. Especially when it affects their lives on a day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Absolutely. We've seen this movie before. And look how the subsequent century turned out for America. Absolute disaster. Hordes of uneducated Irish with their nasty Catholic religion immigrating and taking jobs from the natives and creating no go zones in Boston and parts of New York. Having tens of children with their oppressed bare foot wives too. Let's riot to stop them!

Have you given the Mohawks, Comanche and Sioux the glad tidings about the benefits of Irish immigration?

Yeah, we've seen this movie before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That wasn't today or yesterday though. One religion has been forced to move along with the times while even criticising the other might end in your head being cut off on the street. In 2021. In western Europe.

When was the last time you were attacked by a Muslim? When was the last time you were beheaded? You're doing awful well for someone with no head.

In the meantime the families of those babies are looking for answers but as usual the RCC cover up their own atrocities that happened in the last few decades.

You can report away but I'm perfectly entitled to say that attacking immigrants is punching down

Ok. Quote me where I have attacked immigrants.

And no... not what seems like an attack, or some other incredibly vague connection based on your perspective. Back up your statements about other posters for a change.
    As an aside I don't see any immigrants on this thread able to defend their existence in this country...

Ahh yes, because boards members have an immigrant tag beside their names so that you can tell.
    again, freedom of speech does not mean others do not have a right to robustly challenge those viewpoints. Especially when it affects their lives on a day to day basis.

Dunno why you're raising freedom of speech, when I haven't said anything about it on the thread. You say that you have read my posts, but you're repeatedly showed a remarkable amount of ignorance, with your vague descriptions of what I supposedly think, without actually arguing/countering what I've said.

Bambi wrote: »
    Have you given the Mohawks, Comanche and Sioux the glad tidings about the benefits of Irish immigration?

Yeah, we've seen this movie before...

I pretty familiar with the history of the Native Americans. And I think Ireland should do more for those people like the recent fundraiser for the Choctaw. It's not unusual for groups who have been oppressed to become the oppressors. As we see now in the US a police culture dominated by the Irish and Italian community oppressing others just as they had been oppressed. My point being that history tends to rhyme if not repeat. The better thing would be to break that chain despite those who are hell bent to repeat the worst of it.

Let's not forget it was Ottoman Muslims and Native Americans who came to our aid during the great famine and not our "cultural" fellows...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

I read that letter as more of a "we are more than willing to help if you want it" than a threat.

The culture wars as you put it is a different culture entering into Europe and European culture. Like an invasive species. The French generals are concerned
    Europeans and the individual culture of European countries are important and will not just roll over.

Pretty much the way Europeans were for the last couple of centuries? But hey that was in the past right? They should forget that and just go home to their own countries :rolleyes:

730 NEW cases reported in the past 2 years and now being treated in Ireland - only one prosecution. And thats ONLY the ones they happened to find out about. 730+.

Revolting. And being facilitated and hidden away in case files and anonymity. De-sexed girls who will have sexual issues and remain mutilated for life. What are these barbarians doing being allowed live here and practice this filth. And its NOT a catholic act. And its incompatible with our way of life of BASIC expectations for a child or baby. This is exactly the kind of issue the French are railing against - the governments softly softly apologist facilitation of these alien and barbaric practices and beliefs - and no balls to stand up for what is right or to protect the innocent.

What are you doing to help stop this? Are you also outraged at the Jewish communities allowing circumcision to continue on young boys?

Pretty much the way Europeans were for the last couple of centuries? But hey that was in the past right? They should forget that and just go home to their own countries :rolleyes:

Quit living in the past. All roads lead to the future.

Quit living in the past. All roads lead to the future.

Ah I see, do as we say don't do as we did ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

..... I'm perfectly entitled to say that attacking immigrants is punching down - and to your point - if you actually read the sentence I listed the groups who punch down. If you choose to include yourself in one of those groups well.... .
    It's not a matter of 'down' anything - why are you introducing that? Is it because you yourself 'look down'?

It's not about up or down. People look out for each other. You look out for who is in your group - your family, your nation, culture, whoever it is.

• Advertisement

This is a thread about France, Le Front National is strongly associated with neo nazi groups

Advertisement