Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting refund from company but lost and cancelled card used to make purchase.

Options
  • 28-04-2021 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I purchased something online using my debit card and I’m due a refund from the company I made the purchase from. Tonight I lost the card and have cancelled it. I’m wondering what will happen to the refund now that the card I used to make the purchase is cancelled?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Danye wrote: »
    Hi,

I purchased something online using my debit card and I’m due a refund from the company I made the purchase from. Tonight I lost the card and have cancelled it. I’m wondering what will happen to the refund now that the card I used to make the purchase is cancelled?

Thanks
    Hi Danye,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

If your card has been cancelled, you should still receive your refund within the time frame the company have outlined to you as the card number was linked to your account. I would recommend contacting them if the refund does not reach your account within 7-10 working days. 

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

Ah that’s great. Thanks for the speedy response Megan.

Advertisement