Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FL Maths Accredited Grade and sit OL Exam?

Options
  • 28-04-2021 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I am a teacher and a student who is a neighbour of mine and in a different school has asked me about this:

The student wants an Accredited Grade for Foundation Level Maths for LC and on the day to sit Ordinary Level Exam.
    The mother emailed the school today and has been told no that this is not possible.
    Is this correct??

I don't understand this as any year in the LC exam you can ask for whatever level paper you like on day e.g. drop from HL to OL or OL to FL, the accredited grades are being done in case Covid prevents the student sitting the exam on the day but does not take into consideration the amount of revision and extra work that many students do on the count down to the exams to perform at their best on the day of the exam.

Can the school tell the student No and stand over that or can they seek to have what they want?

The portal is only open another day or two for changing levels for accredited grade and I feel for them and want to help advise them correctly.
    thanks!

Comments

Advertisement