Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning - Building above utility/Drawings/Requirements

Options
  • 28-04-2021 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Following another thread it appears we need planning permission to build upwards above the utility as we are only one metre from our neighbours boundary wall.

The build upwards is straightforward am wondering do we need an architect or what is the best option? The 1st floor extension is nothing fancy, straight up and pitched roof. I don't mean any disrespect to architects. I'm wondering what is the best approach?

Do we need an architect?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Any form of planning agent.
    Someone competent enough to lodge a planning application and get it validated.

The decision is on the planners though.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

Gumbo wrote: »
    Any form of planning agent.
    Someone competent enough to lodge a planning application and get it validated.

The decision is on the planners though.

Where are you based?

Thanks, based in west Dublin.

I think submitting a planning application is something I could do myself with a bit of perseverance and following information available online. The two docs attached at lesst gives the level of detail required...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭Penn

leinster93 wrote: »
    Thanks, based in west Dublin.

I think submitting a planning application is something I could do myself with a bit of perseverance and following information available online. The two docs attached at lesst gives the level of detail required...

I'd advise checking out a few planning applications online and seeing the level of details on those drawings/documents. If you think you can get close to replicating same, there's no reason you can't do it yourself.

But it's just important to remember that there's a difference between knowing what is required, and being able to produce what's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

guess you will need an engineer involved, they can do the planning application and also sign off as you will need it certified as compliant with planning and building regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

ax530 wrote: »
    guess you will need an engineer involved, they can do the planning application and also sign off as you will need it certified as compliant with planning and building regs.

Yes, I see that you are correct and I have seen through a relative on submission of a planning application by their Engineer, for a house build) that he had to make minor changes on the drawing and re-submit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement