Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Eir... Lost my landline phone no.

Options
  • 29-04-2021 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

As per the title, I recently moved from Vod to Eir as part of the One Big Switch.

All was seamless, EXCEPT

They didn't move my landline phone number... They allocated me a temporary 'new' number, with the result that no-one can contact me on my landline any more. After four calls to various parts of the behemoth that is Eir, I finally got an ETA for my number to be transferred back of 5-10 working days!! I was told that all transfers to Eir from Vod work in this way, ie a temporary number is allocated until the landline transfer is completed some 5-10 days later. I've moved around between providers many times in the past... I never heard of this being done before!

Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Its EIR everything that can and will go wrong is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Is this normal?

Not unusual if one of the lines is VOIP which I suspect VFs was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

ED E wrote: »
    Not unusual if one of the lines is VOIP which I suspect VFs was.

Yep! VF line was VOIP alright. Eir line gone back to wall socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Almost a month now since movng to Eir.. Landline issue STILL not resolved. Ridiculous!!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

No home phone for a month.
    I moved from VF FTTC to VF Siro. They still cant find my number!

• Advertisement
Advertisement