Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introducing cat to baby

• 29-04-2021 6:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Hi, expecting our first child next week and just looking for advice on how to introduce my cat, 2 years old, to the baby safely?

She's half outdoors so will be able to get some peace from the baby during the day. She's met other babies before and generally just had a sniff and a stare from across the room at them. She's terrified of toddlers mind, but we can deal with that when it happens.

The cat is a rescue, generally shy but friendly. She can be needy so I'll be making sure to prioritise play with her in the evening/meal times.

So far we've let her have short visits to the babies room to have a few sniffs and she's mostly ignoring my pregnancy bump even when the baby has definitely kicked her! We've changed a lot lately over the last few months (rooms and furniture) and she's generally handled it okay.

Any tips / advice?
    We're obviously going to supervise at all times and not allow the cat to sleep near the baby!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

The biggest tip I received was to let my cat smell the clothes the baby had worn before we got home from the hospital. Our cat was about 8 when my son was born and she did not react well to change previously but she largely ignored him for the first 8 months or so.

Advertisement