Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat on airport parking

Options
  • 29-04-2021 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good Afternoon,

I am wondering if you can advise if a vat registered business can claim back vat on airport parking charges for example Dublin Airport.
    I have tried to look this up but I am getting conflicting answers.
    Any help would be great appreciated.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭POBox19

Good Afternoon,

I am wondering if you can advise if a vat registered business can claim back vat on airport parking charges for example Dublin Airport.
    I have tried to look this up but I am getting conflicting answers.
    Any help would be great appreciated.

There is no reason not to reclaim the vat provided it is on behalf of a business. If the parking is for personal use then you are getting into bik, or worse if it turns up in a vat/tax audit. If you get a receipt showing vat paid and it is for a business expense there is no impediment.

Advertisement