Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animals seized in petting farm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Acey10 wrote: »
    Somewhere in North County Dublin... Would anyone know which one this is?

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2021/0428/1212664-animals-welfare/

They were surrendered. Might be Newbridge House, can't think of another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

There is a place on the way from Balbriggan to the Naul - Reynoldstown Animal Farm, on the right hand side. Full of animals and place looks eerie enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

D3V!L wrote: »

Newbridge doesn't have dogs in terms of them being an exhibit. I don't know of any petting farm type place actually that would have such a large selection of dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

31 dogs all female and 4 nursing pups, sounds like a puppy farm as well as petting farm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭con747

Might be best not to name businesses unless there is proof of wrong doing.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

D3V!L wrote: »

Definitely not Newbridge farm they take great care of their animals. I think it's the one mentioned below near the Naul. Only other one I can think of is the mobile one that goes around to schools and events. Can't think of name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

There is a place on the way from Balbriggan to the Naul - Reynoldstown Animal Farm, on the right hand side. Full of animals and place looks eerie enough.

I went there years ago and it was AWFUL! All the cages/ pens were filthy. The water and food sources were so dirty. It was totally rundown and the animals were unkempt. Definitely more dilapidated than a regular working farm, which is what the owner said when I mentioned it.

I just checked there online and it seems that they closed the petting farm in March so would tie in with the fact that the animals were surrendered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I went there years ago and it was AWFUL! All the cages/ pens were filthy. The water and food sources were so dirty. It was totally rundown and the animals were unkempt. Definitely more dilapidated than a regular working farm, which is what the owner said when I mentioned it.

I just checked there online and it seems that they closed the petting farm in March so would tie in with the fact that the animals were surrendered.

Aye, I took the kids years ago and came to the same conclusion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: Let's not speculate about which petting farm it is. No doubt it will become public knowledge in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Gamergurll

Not speculation know it hasn't obviously been named but clicked in and was hoping it wasn't Newbridge Farm.. So many fond memories of it,, it's a few years since we went there but they always took care of the animals. We used to go there for school tours, it was like another Mosney 😂

Very sad article to read but not surprising sadly, seems to be endless articles about hurt and abandoned animals on social media. I'm looking after a heavily pregnant kitty, she is cuddled up to me and so dependent at the moment, I can't understand anyone neglecting a helpless animal :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement