Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch recommendations up to €2k

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Thanks I'll get onto chrono24, the back of the manual bears the stamp of the original dealer in Italy strangely

Overall I'm happy with the watch

However:

The manual is 'old', but chrono24 have verified it's authentic. Fair enough seeing as it bears the dealers stamp on the back cover

The diver extension clasp is broken/worn down. From searching online it should clip into place when you have the bracelet released

I'm in communication with chrono24 regarding the manual. Should I mention the diver extension?

Overall I am happy as I got a good price considering the market for this model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

What was the description of the condition? Sounds like its not the best and needs a few quid spent to get it right.

Used - Very good was the description

I can live with the bracelet, it's a minor inconvenience but I have just emailed chrono24 as it was not mentioned in the description, for all the 'checking' they do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Im not sure if this applies to your model diver extension but it took a while for me to realise it on mine.To close the extension you have to clip the back in first and then push down.it doesn’t close in a intuitive way.

edit to add -

this screenshot from chrono centric explains what I’m trying to describe better than I have

• Advertisement

Thank you as always , I will have a look at this shortly

Watch has to go back to chrono24 for repair, diver's extension not fastening, shite. Will I have to pay the cost of returning the item?

Back off to Germany for a repair under warranty, could take up to 8 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@One More Toy That is a ball ache, mate, but it will be worth it.

I had the same when I got my Mark II. Despite running OK, I sent it to a mate for a full strip and service, and it was the right thing to do for a 49 year old watch.

Patience, grasshopper!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Think of it as an early Christmas present🤔. Bad form though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got it at a good price and they are paying return shipping, I'll enjoy finally getting it on my arm!

My woes continue, I transported the watch safely with me for the weekend. Opened the box I had it in and one of the pins was loose and a part of it snapped off. Have a bought a pile of crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Image?

I pushed it back in, in a panic. Can't even remember which bloody link it was

Oh man, your luck is not good with this one. If its a screw pin in the bracelet its not a big deal. Post a pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Worth taking them all out one by one to find the broken one. Last thing you want is the bracelet failing at the wrong time.

Can't see which one now for the life of me.

I'm sending it back tomorrow to chrono24, I've messaged them detailing my troubles, hopefully they take the time to fix it properly

as far as I remember these are push bars in that watch, maybe some genius put in a screw bar instead and was never tight. Be careful, you can loose a watch that way. Would say just a small error, will be fixed no problem.

Well got the watch back today, diver's extension fixed. I asked them to look at the pins too and they seem secure. I'll have my toolkit later this week to double check them but assuming that's fine, chrono24 provide a great service

Advertisement