Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The social housing list in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Nonsense
    It's only creating a pyramid scheme

Pensions are pyramid schemes though.....,,,..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

biko wrote: »
    If you are employed, can you even get social housing?
    Is there some cut-off point for employed but on minimum wage perhaps?

Yes, there is a TD in social housing.

Where do people think all the vast numbers coming out of Direct Provision go?

I'm sure all the woke left think they leave the centres and begin living a productive life but the reality is that almost all of them switch to Jobseekers/Lone Parents and join the housing list.

Any of the single ones wont get housed in the end, but those with families will bypass any Irish person who has spent their lives here contributing.
    Scandalous system and it's not going to get any better.
    50K is the limit now

No it's not.

The limit is about 26k in all bar Galway,Dublin and Cork(?) where it jumps to 33-35k for a single person.
    I was able to apply only because I didnt live outside of the few counties with a higher limit and I only applied due to HAP as they've tied both together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Where do people think all the vast numbers coming out of Direcr Provision go?

I'm sure all the woke left think they leave the centres and begin living a productive life but the reality is that almost all of them switch to Jobseekers/Lone Parents and join the housing list.

No it's not.

The limit is about 26k in all bar Galway,Dublin and Cork(?) where it jumps to 33-35k for a single person.
    I was able to apply only because I didnt live outside of the few counties with a higher limit and I only applied due to HAP as they've tied both together.

Mullen park in Maynooth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

50K is the limit now
    Considering the average full-time salary in Republic almost 49K then 50K limit seems high to get social housing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Sounds like an endless game of catch-up. They keep on coming.

Maybe raise income tax slightly so councils have more money to house arrivals.

Generally what happens anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Considering the average full-time salary in Republic almost 49K then 50K limit seems high to get social housing.

Whats the mean industrial wage? Average is pretty meaningless in this context

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Whats the mean industrial wage? Average is pretty meaningless in this context

do you mean median?

You can be a high rate tax payer and qualify for a social house :)

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    do you mean median?

Eh...maybe :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

House the planet. Free **** for everyone.
    Come all ye masses. Hold on do you want me shirt too. Here ya go

Where do people think all the vast numbers coming out of Direct Provision go?

Any of the single ones wont get housed in the end, but those with families will bypass any Irish person who has spent their lives here contributing.
    Scandalous system and it's not going to get any better.

No it's not.

So, it's ok for you to apply for social housing but not other people is it?
    And a family should get a house before a single person don't you think? All those families living in hotel rooms is a disgrace.
    And why wouldnt an Irish person who spent their life contributing pay for their own house?

Eh...maybe :pac:

36, apparently, id have to dig further though

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-average-worker-47000-4984199-Jan2020/
    House the planet. Free **** for everyone.
    Come all ye masses.

theres virtually nothing for free in this world, all money begins as debt, so.......

That sounds more realistic
    theres virtually nothing for free in this world, all money begins as debt, so.......
    Certainly, everything is paid for by somebody

That sounds more realistic

Certainly, everything is paid for by somebody

yea it does sound more right alright, so its probably not far wrong

yup, very little debt is forgiven or defaulted upon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

What a great circle jerk of a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

What a great circle jerk of a thread

Thanks for dropping by and leaving that earth-shattering contribution!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

8% full time
    63% only welfare

Seems to be double what you claim here, in 2018 16.1% have their only source of income as employment.

Its too low, but it was rising pre-covid up from 14.2% in 2017.

Still an outrageously low figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Seems to be double what you claim here, in 2018 16.1% have their only source of income as employment.

Its too low, but it was rising pre-covid up from 14.2% in 2017.

Still an outrageously low figure.

I was incorrect on the employed figure but less than 1/6th in social housing work full time , and a majority are only living off welfare, thats an epidemic of idleness and will take decades to repair, if it could ever be repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

bubblypop wrote: »
    And a family should get a house before a single person don't you think? All those families living in hotel rooms is a disgrace.
    And why wouldnt an Irish person who spent their life contributing pay for their own house?

Those families are in hotel rooms mostly of their iwn choosing, anyone there more than 6 months has rejected a property and there are many incidents where families in those hotel rooms have been absolute piss takers having more kids while there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I was incorrect on the employed figure but less than 1/6th in social housing work full time , and a majority are only living off welfare, thats an epidemic of idleness and will take decades to repair, if it could ever be repaired.

Both figures are a disgrace, but its best to be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

No Primtime Investigates programme on this issue. They get to decide what issue to cover and what will be rammed down our throats for the following week 24/7.

Living off welfare does include disability and pensions.
    How many are work age and unemployed?
    People who can afford tend to buy their house also, so it takes a house out of social housing.
    Shouldn't be allowed imo.

Those families are in hotel rooms mostly of their iwn choosing, anyone there more than 6 months has rejected a property and there are many incidents where families in those hotel rooms have been absolute piss takers having more kids while there.

you really are astonishingly ignorant, you really do need to look into the root causes of these complex social issues, people dont fcuking 'chose' to be homeless!

you really are astonishingly ignorant, you really do need to look into the root causes of these complex social issues, people dont fcuking 'chose' to be homeless!

Actually I know quite a few who have "chosen" to be homeless.

JimmyVik wrote: »

please explain, as details are critical?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

JimmyVik wrote: »

If you choose to be homeless now your housing is deemed not priority, then are verified as being in nerd of homeless HAP and encouraged to avail of homeless services.

please explain, as details are critical?

Well lets start with you explaining which definition of homeless you are using?

And then I will elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

That only works if the immigrants contribute to the economy, non EU migrants make our pensions funding cliff happen faster due to being economic detractors

Really? Non EU migrants are a net drain on the economy? Have you a source for this?

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »

I applied as its needed for HAP, I had no interest otherwise.

And no I dont think, whether they have kids or not, that people who come out of DP should skip over single people who were born and raised here.

Frankly Irish or not, you shouldn't get a house when you've contributed nothing to society.
    I'd rather see people who are working and paying taxes looked after and those who dont, getting the most basic care.
    A bland small dwelling and lower income.. too many are pulling E400-700 from the system by manipulating payments.

Better than the current system where someone with even a middling job is supposed to pay for everything in life while those who contribute nothing but grief end up with more.

Advertisement