Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPG Z490 Help!

Options
  • 29-04-2021 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all!

I have made a rookie mistake of ordering an MSI MPG Z490 Carbon alongside with an 11700k.

After building the pc, I have learnt that I need to update the bios to the latest version in order to get the 11th gen cpu to work!

Unfortunatley I don’t have a 10 gen intel nor does the motherboard have a flashback option.

Any builders out there have any advice on how to get around this or perhaps have a 10th gen they would be willing to let me use for the space of 5 minutes to update the bios? 🀦*♂️

Thanks in advanced!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Pretty sure all MSI motherboards have a yolk called M flash so if you want to update bios maybe look for that in the bios. Should be under utilities or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PeterR1016

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Pretty sure all MSI motherboards have a yolk called M flash so if you want to update bios maybe look for that in the bios. Should be under utilities or something.

Unfortunately I cannot load the bios as the cpu is not being read because of the bios update that is required!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Sorry ya, I'm dumb. For a high end motherboard, lack of flash back is really stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Amazon job is your easiest bet, buy a 10th gen cpu, do your bios flash, and then return it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Amazon job is your easiest bet, buy a 10th gen cpu, do your bios flash, and then return it

Would be easier to return the mobo & get a Z590 tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement