Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying plant

Options
  • 30-04-2021 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hi, could anyone tell me what the name of this plant is. Its ground cover and I think its pretty common but I want to look up what care it needs. I bought a lot of plants in 3 different places a few weeks ago and not sure which place I bought it in. It didn't have a name on the pot and Google hasn't turned it up for me, so if someone could help me out that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Here's a photo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Just put your picture into PictureThis app and it’s saying it’s bugleweed from the Mint family:

Description

Bugleweed is a mat-forming ground cover that features blue flowers and dark green shiny leaves. Although it works extremely well for a ground cover that will choke out weeds and provide a colorful display, bugleweed does not tolerate foot traffic. Take care to plant it in a location that is away from paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Here's a photo

Ajuga reptans.
    Nice ground cover, spreads year on year, but easy to manage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Really nice plant with a blue flower that doesn't need any special care, spreading but as the others have said, not rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Thanks so much for that. Flowering and low maintenance are some of my favourite words in gardening!

• Advertisement
Advertisement