Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund for online purchase being returned to cancelled card

Options
  • 30-04-2021 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I made a transaction recently and it turns out the product is no longer available. They are refunding it to the card used to purchase it. However, my card got compromised in the meantime and I've been issued a new card since and the old one is cancelled.

Any advice on how to proceed? Do I contact the bank or the seller on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

It’ll go to your account, the card changes the account doesn’t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

leakyboots wrote: »
    Hi there,

I made a transaction recently and it turns out the product is no longer available. They are refunding it to the card used to purchase it. However, my card got compromised in the meantime and I've been issued a new card since and the old one is cancelled.

Any advice on how to proceed? Do I contact the bank or the seller on this?

Thanks!
    Hi There, 

Thanks for checking in with us. 

You will not need to make any changes, the refund will automatically credit back for you without any issue. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement