Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Apartment With Previous Pyrite

Options
  • 30-04-2021 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Putting my 2nd floor apartment up for sale , anyone experience with selling with previous pyrite in the block , we have been issued with a " Green Cert " for the building address and common areas and the work they did in 2013.
    Trying to get my ducks lined up in a row.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

If its fixed i dont see the problem.
    As a buyer it might put some people off though, but surely you will get a buyer who will be pragmatic and be delighted at other people dropping out.
    Similar to people dropping out because they think they wont get used to road noise or a train track nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Yes agree would run a mile. But OP best to be up front on this don't hide this fact when selling or have it brought up .. o by they way the apt had pyrite but its ok now. The potential buyer would be better placed to make an genuine offer with all the facts up front

• Registered Users Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭billyhead

Yes agree would run a mile. But OP best to be up front on this don't hide this fact when selling or have it brought up .. o by they way the apt had pyrite but its ok now. The potential buyer would be better placed to make an genuine offer with all the facts up front

Why would you run a mile if it's fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

billyhead wrote: »

To buy one that they have no idea if it has an issue or not.

Is this issue ever fixed ? I would be thinking of when I would go to resell. Its creates uncertainty. And with that the amount of buyers is reduced. And what happens if within a few years the issue was not resolved. The company that did the work didn't get it all. Now this company is no longer in business, my hard earned cash goes to zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is this issue ever fixed ? I would be thinking of when I would go to resell. Its creates uncertainty. And with that the amount of buyers is reduced. And what happens if within a few years the issue was not resolved. The company that did the work didn't get it all. Now this company is no longer in business, my hard earned cash goes to zero

Do you not get a Pyrite remediation certificate?

Do you not get a Pyrite remediation certificate?

Whats the value of homebond ?
    No value when it was needed.

Pyrite is remediated apparently and you get a cert . Its like buying a car that has been in a bad accident and the car is repaired. What is the perceived value of that car after is it the same or different to similar car that never had an accident?

Its going to be less. Now ask yourself why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Whats the value of homebond ?
    No value when it was needed.

Pyrite is remediated apparently and you get a cert . Its like buying a car that has been in a bad accident and the car is repaired. What is the perceived value of that car after is it the same or different to similar car that never had an accident?

Its going to be less. Now ask yourself why ?

Good point about homebond.
    Not worth the paper its written on as tens of thousands have found out the hard way.
    Homebond is a con.

Advertisement