Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capture software with replay buffer

• 30-04-2021 8:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Does anyone know of any capture software that live replays a buffer, but only saves it when you hit a hotkey. I specifically want it for warzone on the pc.

I know nvidia overlay can capture highlights, but it often misses stuff and it ruins my framerates.

OBS seems like the best solution, but I run a 1440 ultrawide on 3070. If the graphics card doesn't have surplus performance obs won't record well at all, and I can't seem to get playable cod while leaving enough room for obs too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

errlloyd wrote: »
    Hi all. Does anyone know of any capture software that live replays a buffer, but only saves it when you hit a hotkey. I specifically want it for warzone on the pc.

I know nvidia overlay can capture highlights, but it often misses stuff and it ruins my framerates.

OBS seems like the best solution, but I run a 1440 ultrawide on 3070. If the graphics card doesn't have surplus performance obs won't record well at all, and I can't seem to get playable cod while leaving enough room for obs too.

You mean like this?

I followed this tutorial and it works. I can't use it though because it requires so much ram... maybe with my next build.
    errlloyd wrote: »
    OBS seems like the best solution, but I run a 1440 ultrawide on 3070. If the graphics card doesn't have surplus performance obs won't record well at all
    That GPU should be able to handle your streams. You're either pushing the game or stream too hard. Knock down the game's graphics settings and put the stream to 720p or 30fps. That along with nvenc and a ton of ram (more than 16 I'd say) will surely be able to handle the OBS rewind trick using plugins.

If you want shadow play capture highlights but longer buffer... the only real solution to that is to just record everything. A couple of hours recording isn't that big in file size and you can delete it later if you don't want the footage. Streaming also would keep your footage in the cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, I've spent 3 days trying to achieve that exact thing with OBS. I am very familiar with OBS.

I guess it *could* be a ram problem. I only have 16gb. But I tried playing the game with unplayably poor graphics and I still couldn't get it to capture watchable video consistently.

Are you trying to immediately show a highlight while live that just happened, or trying access a moment later on?

Are you trying to immediately show a highlight while live that just happened, or trying access a moment later on?

Just save it for myself. I am not streaming with OBS, just using it to capture the highlights.

Then I'd personally just record the whole session. You can extract highlights from the full video later.

• Advertisement

Then I'd personally just record the whole session. You can extract highlights from the full video later.

I know I can. But this isn't professional or anything. It's just funny moments to bop it over to a mate on whatsapp. Could be one or two from a 4 hour session. So I was trying to find a way to do it without the pain of opening editing software and going through it.

But reasonable advice. I've posted over the OBS forums, so I will see how that goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

OBS is a CPU whore, Wirecast is much better on the CPU but its not free.

I have never had an issue with nvidia replay tho.

Advertisement