Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's ABC Radio, online station

Options
  • 30-04-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭

Dublin's ABC Radio started off as a pirate run by Paul Barrett in the mid 1990s until the early 2000s. Not to be confused with other pirates of the same name from the 1980s! It has been an online station for some time now. It is available various ways including liveradio.ie and Radio Garden.

I mention it because I only realised last weekend that it's not all automated and does have some presenters. The one I heard was Chris James. I knew (and double-checked!) that there was a Chris James on Coast FM in the 1990s. I found on an archive that he was there on its last day on February 1996. However, I am not sure if it's ABC's Chris James or not. Maybe someone could clarify that. I did find that there was indeed a Chris James on ABC in 1995.

I found some other names on Facebook: Declan O'Callaghan, Ralph Mueller, Pete Matthewman and Dan Knight. Anybody know anything about their radio background?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I found out since that Ralph Mueller is a rock musician from Melbourne who broadcasts on several online radio stations.

This is what Linkedin says about Pete Matthewman, also from the Melbourne area: I am the owner/operator of 'It's My Country' a 24/7 Online Country Radio Station & 'It's My Country Now & Then' a 1hr weekly country music radio show played on more than 80 radio stations around the world.

It looks like Dan Knight is a radio presenter, whose country music programs are relayed on many radio stations online, including some FM stations in Ireland. It also looks like he is American.

It looks like Declan O'Callaghan is the same guy that presents on online station Irish Country Radio.

If anybody has anything to add or clarify about anything I said...

Are there any other presenters?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DublinsABC

Yes we were the station from 1995 to early 2000's then closed and came back on line a good few years ago..We did two years on FreeDAB and swapped out Dublin's ABC for KISS DAB in Jan on FreeDAB but we still are online and Alexa at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

FMSCAN still lists Dublin's ABC radio on DAB in Dublin, Cork and Waterford. This is no longer the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DublinsABC

No gone since early Jan

Advertisement