Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please review!

Options
  • 30-04-2021 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey! recently we made an updated version for the website of the company, which is engaged in employee monitoring
    Please review!
    worktime.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Needs an "About Us" and "What is WorkTime" sections.

I don't know what the product does and it would be good to know who the company is.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

brooke72 wrote: »
    Hey! recently we made an updated version for the website of the company, which is engaged in employee monitoring
    Please review!
    worktime.com

5 min review; Website looks professional enough on WordPress 5.4.5
    I didn't check any forms but I assume everything works as it should.

Couple of things to mention:

1. When clicked the first video to play (Keep productivity up with WorkTime!)
    popup "Request WorkTime portfolio" partially blocked video screen.

2. I see you have used SEO plugin v14.6.1 did you allowed that plugin to advertise on your web pages with the link below
    https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/

Overall pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brooke72

brooke72 wrote: »
    Please review!
    https://www.worktime.com/

thanks for the answer! we will try to improve and take into account your comments!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Change the overlay on your slider to dark (Black with a .75 opacity) instead of white. Then you will probably need to change the text to white to make it stand out against that. The white overlay is too glaring as it is.

You appear to be using black text everywhere - don't use black, use a very dark grey..black text on a white background is very bad for accessibility and makes it very hard to read with such a contrast, a dark grey will work better on a slightly off white..ie not using #000 and #fff together.

Put your WHAT as the main text on your slider, when I land on the website I have no idea what the software is..I have to scroll down to see "WorkTime – employee monitoring software & service". When I land on the page you should be giving me vital information...what it is...who it's aimed at and how it's going to improve upon what I already have.

On mobile on your homepage the popup doesn't fill the whole width, it's skewed to the left and looks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Axwell wrote: »
    Change the overlay on your slider to dark (Black with a .75 opacity) instead of white. Then you will probably need to change the text to white to make it stand out against that. The white overlay is too glaring as it is.

You appear to be using black text everywhere - don't use black, use a very dark grey..black text on a white background is very bad for accessibility and makes it very hard to read with such a contrast, a dark grey will work better on a slightly off white..ie not using #000 and #fff together.

Put your WHAT as the main text on your slider, when I land on the website I have no idea what the software is..I have to scroll down to see "WorkTime – employee monitoring software & service". When I land on the page you should be giving me vital information...what it is...who it's aimed at and how it's going to improve upon what I already have.

On mobile on your homepage the popup doesn't fill the whole width, it's skewed to the left and looks off.

Might be some screen resolution/browser issues, everything fine on my end, can you take screenshots?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It's a CSS issue - the OP can take a look and will see the issue. Happens on iOs on Safari and Chrome, haven't checked on other browsers.

Also, your chat button is the same colour as your buttons throughout the site. On mobile when your pop up appears the button and the chat icon overlap and blend into each other so you should look at changing the z-index of your popup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SylviaBogle

Thanks for sharing your website with us. I will definitely visit and let you know the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alishakihn

Advertisement