Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPHONE Battery Replacement V Upgrade...

• 30-04-2021 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Have IPHONE 8 - love it - no real interest in new phone but battery on the way out...

Any thoughts on getting battery replacement? Good idea or bad idea basically? Would I get another year or 2 out of IPHONE 8 with battery replacement like?

Cheers....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Same Q for Xs model

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

My battery is on the way out too on my 8. Was going to get it changed and now the lightning port seem to be worn. Wire falls out when charging if moved slightly.

Was told it would be €315 to change the port plus money for the battery. I’m open to correct on this .

So i’m contemplating buying a new phone. Maybe a 12 or 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭djdunny

@zane have you checked to see if the port is clogged with lint?? They have have a pretty large build up overtime.

try running a toothpick in the port and see what comes out. It may save ya having to have a port inspected and potentially replaced for no reason.

• You can probably get it sorted for cheap enough in a third party repair shop (don’t let any of them tell you they use apple parts; they definitely don’t)

Apple repair would be reasonably priced enough, but you’ll be without it for up to a week and maybe longer.

it’s really up to yourself if you want to upgrade or not the fact is the battery is dying now, but eventually other things will start to go and replacing the battery may just be delaying the inevitable anyway.

for the sake of convenience I’d upgrade, but that’s just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Deagol

Second that - I was about dump my 8 a couple of years ago when it occurred me to clean out the port with a dental pick. Worked perfectly once I cleaned it.

• Advertisement

• The price if quoted by apple sounds about right, the thing is you can’t change the lightning port you need to replace the entire bottom IO (in your case that means; home button, speakers, headphone Jack & lightning port) as it’s all one unit.

although I’d sooner just replace the phone than pay €315 to fix an iPhone 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Tired that a few weeks ago. I have it since September 2018. No lint in it.

A shame they cannot be repaired cheaper by Apple. The battery was a ok price for Apple to change it. But the port change is far too expensive.

Advertisement