Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I said it last week in the main thread, no point in getting worked up over things we can't control.

Ranting and raving here won't change any of the decisions to be taken in the next 24hrs

Nope. Now if I’d had this light bulb moment years ago I’d have been a less stressed out person but hindsight and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Avon8

"Several weeks". It was always going to be after the August bank holiday. Tony always assumes we'll start licking tables if allowed near pubs on a bank holiday.

Meanwhile pub owners lose yet another of their most important weekends. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

They are not giving you an MRI - they are asking if you are vaccinated.

Which is confidential medical information.

Also you'd have to show ID everywhere you go.

They're wearing people down with a long hard slog and the result is people will agree to anything and even be like 'What's wrong with that?'

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Have never gone to a protest about anything in my life- I’ll be at the next anti lockdown rally.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Said letter.

No idea how they come up with some of it

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1409608742472228867?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

I reckon the recommendation is a mix of what RTE and Virgin are reporting.
    Close for several weeks but if ye insist they open, let them open for vaccinated people only.

The mirror talking about a compromise too but lower capacity. Claims the vaccine only idea is already in the bin

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-pubs-ministers-discussing-compromise-24417168

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Said letter.

AT this stage, tell them to get fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Said letter.

Is there anything to back this up? We just have to take this at face value?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Said letter.

This is like the infamous 9500 cases a day they predicted in March for July

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thousands per day in August with peak deaths?!? These lads are on a massive power trip. It's undeniable. Anyone still defending this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Where exactly are they getting these deaths from?

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    The mirror talking about a compromise too but lower capacity. Claims the vaccine only idea is already in the bin

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-pubs-ministers-discussing-compromise-24417168
    That's slightly more positive at least

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The science ACE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Ah ya know Tony likes to keep a few deaths in his back pocket that he can produce when it looks like his power trip might becoming to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Their abundantly cautious holes looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

If it ends up being 7 weeks delayed say that's mid August, 1/2 wks later schools reopening, I can't see them opening then either as they will say numbers will rise just before schools reopening. If it is delayed 7 wks I can see it being delayed into mid September.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Would like to know that myself, along with hospitals hitting near peak of January, no idea how they arrive at that outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

No one will be spared. No one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bet you its going to be after the August BH weekend

That makes no scientific sense. The vulnerable are vaccinated, who exactly is going to die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ah ya know Tony likes to keep a few deaths in his back pocket that he can produce when it looks like his power trip might becoming to an end.

That's unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

This is a load of bollocks, lads I can't take it anymore.

Where is the evidence of this from the UK, which is currently ravaged with the same variant?
    Fatalities and hospitalisations will approach, but not meet, the chaos and harrowing caseload seen in January, ministers are warned.

This is pure and utter BS.

Tony Holohan and the team at NPHET should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, decimating businesses at the peak of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Said letter.

Essentially what NPHET are saying the vaccines don't work.

So why would anyone bother taking it then? It doesn't guarantee you your freedoms. They could come out with this **** again in a few months.

Meanwhile, the rest of Europe, Northern Ireland and the UK are...Well you know yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

"A peak of deaths"

What, 4?

That's actually scary how they've 'modelled' that, to be honest. Mindboggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

This is disgusting

Surely somebody in government will stand up to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

That's actually scary how they've 'modelled' that, to be honest. Mindboggling.

Not really...

Anyone with any sense knows what Holohan and the rest of them are like.

What's scary is that they're unelected, in a democracy and they're running and ruining people's lives, whilst the elected stand by and do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Would like to know that myself, along with hospitals hitting near peak of January, no idea how they arrive at that outcome

Strange language from them, could mean anything. There'll always be a "peak of deaths", whether there's 5 or 5000.

• Advertisement

This is insane

I'd ike to goback tomorrow office a day or two a week, when might that happen now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement