Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

NPHET should be disbanded and Tony Holohan removed. They've lost all objectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Necro wrote: »
    Nobody, I think the poster misconstrued 'several' as 'seven'

Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

How in the name of god have they come to those "projections"?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm so ****ing angry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The Mirror are reporting that ministers are discussing ways to open indoor dining.
    "The proposal, which will also be discussed at Tuesday morning's crunch Cabinet meeting, would see extra restrictions introduced for indoor dining.

This would include less customer capacity and tables further apart indoors."
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-pubs-ministers-discussing-compromise-24417168

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

This is disgusting

Surely somebody in government will stand up to this

Spoiler Alert:

They won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is disgusting

Yeah eamon Ryan and Simon coveney should start tearing strips off NPHET.

And yes the government should be more assertive but I’ve heard pearse Doherty follow the line of “not wanting to compromise the re opening so far” which isn’t any different to FF/FG/greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

NPHET have got to go! That letter is borderline insanity.

They're saying we're going to have a "peak of deaths" at a stage when pretty much all the vulnerable are vaccinated? Like it just doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

In one sense its a self fulfilling prophecy, numbers will go up. Because people will just say **** the government advice and are just going to contuine meeting up like they have been doing for months, whether it will be in house parties, bbq's, play dates whatever.
    Whether they get to 1000's of cases a day remains to be seen, looking at UK at present, I don't see it being an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

This country is so ****ed. Good night and god bless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This is disgusting

Here are the 3 mistakes you made in this post...
    Surely
    government
    stand up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm so ****ing angry

I'm beyond angry

I'd like to go to the office 2 days a week and have dinner with Colleagues
    We are all fully vaccinated

I'm actually upset tbh

The idea that the next 2 weeks will save a January-like peak in hospitalizations and deaths is the stupidest thing I have ever heard this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Mirror are reporting that ministers are discussing ways to open indoor dining.
    "The proposal, which will also be discussed at Tuesday morning's crunch Cabinet meeting, would see extra restrictions introduced for indoor dining.

This would include less customer capacity and tables further apart indoors."
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-pubs-ministers-discussing-compromise-24417168

Less customer capacity is pointless as pubs have been closed for the well over a year and need to make money so having less than full capacity isn't a runner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

growleaves wrote: »
    So you would have disclose your medical records to dine in a restaurant? That is a nightmare scenario

Well, no, you can wait a few more weeks when it opens up to everyone and eat in a restaurant without telling anyone anything. Until then you can eat at home.

Tony Holohan must be basking in the glory of all the attention, him the focal point - yet again.

When you think about the struggling small business, it's enough to make you sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

A few months....well thats not accurate especially with the NIAC advice

It's not far off in fairness. Even if they reduce AZ to 4 weeks it's probably going to take the guts of 6/8 weeks to get first doses and then another 6 to be "fully" vaccinated.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MOR316 wrote: »
    Essentially what NPHET are saying the vaccines don't work.

So why would anyone bother taking it then? It doesn't guarantee you your freedoms. They could come out with this **** again in a few months.

This is very true and a big problem that not enough people are challenging.

On Thursday I'm scheduled to get my second vaccination. 2 weeks after that I'll be fully immunised from all current variants...

.. but so what? I still can't go for an indoor meal or a pint, a gig or sporting event, a proper wedding or any other number of things. I'll also still be required to wear masks "just in case" :rolleyes:

What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

spockety wrote: »
    Well, no, you can wait a few more weeks when it opens up to everyone and eat in a restaurant without telling anyone anything. Until then you can eat at home.

Did they say it would just be for a few weeks? In that case it wouldn't be a big deal I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

spockety wrote: »

When it opens? NPHET are predicting doomsday scenarios for January. They will not recommend opening anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

People need to take to the streets.

Wrestling back control is the only way this ends.

Won’t happen though, the Irish are far too docile.

No other democracy would put up with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That letter... wow. Just wow. I know they're modelling for worse case scenarios but that's like something George A. Romero would come up with for his new blockbuster, Night of the Living Dead

It's absolutely nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah eamon Ryan and Simon coveney should start tearing strips off NPHET.

And yes the government should be more assertive but I’ve heard pearse Doherty follow the line of “not wanting to compromise the re opening so far” which isn’t any different to FF/FG/greens.

Someone wake Eamon up early from his nap, maybe he'll be cranky enough to kick up a fuss.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This is very true and a big problem that not enough people are challenging.

On Thursday I'm scheduled to get my second vaccination. 2 weeks after that I'll be fully immunised from all current variants...

.. but so what? I still can't go for an indoor meal or a pint, a gig or sporting event, a proper wedding or any other number of things. I'll also still be required to wear masks "just in case" :rolleyes:

What's the point?

I'm in the exact same situation.

At first, we were sold the lie that vaccination was highly effective and therefore freedoms would be restored.

The former part was true: vaccinations are still highly effective.

But freedoms are not being restored. And NPHET are standing in the way.

I wonder why.

It clearly has nothing to do with egomaniacal power-hungry civil servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

RoryMac wrote: »

Are the staff at much of a risk if all the customers are vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

eskimohunt wrote: »
    The idea that the next 2 weeks will save a January-like peak in hospitalizations and deaths is the stupidest thing I have ever heard this year.

someone said the next 2 weeks are crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

beaz2018 wrote: »
    This country is so ****ed. Good night and god bless

another late late show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

I did tell yis that vaccines can't end restrictions, only people can.

It doesn't matter what the facts are per se because facts must be interpreted by someone in authority.

We can all interpret facts differently, as seen by any argument on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Are the staff at much of a risk if all the customers are vaccinated?

If the last 15 months have taught us anything, it’s that the level of risk must always be zero for everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement