Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

prunudo wrote: »
    Threads moving very fast but 2 thoughts.

Even their optimistic figures look pessimistic to me.

Secondly, a lot trouble with the inequality of green certs/vaccine passports whatever you want to call them stems from the reluctance to use antigen testing. You can't discriminate against vaccinated vs not but if it went hand in hand with rapid tetsing it can work.

Yeah NPHET's refusal to use antigen testing early is coming back to bite us in the arse. If it had been introduced, like the rest of Europe, this notion of a vaccine passport would be accepted.

I think they know the vaccine passport system will not be introduced and therefore suggested it as a token gesture. 'If you really have to open up indoor dining, do it only for the fully vaccinated. Away you go"

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ballynally

new 'sensible' guy on NT Pat K show now.
    Sort of in line w the general scare story..no surprise.
    But he is pro antigen tests..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The Irish Government, via the Department of Health, has published a tender document seeking bidders to provide hotel rooms, transport, security, and healthcare monitoring for the purpose of providing mandatory hotel quarantine in Ireland into 2022, Gript can reveal.

https://gript.ie/exclusive-government-tendering-for-mandatory-quarantine-for-next-year/

gript can reveal..... really ? This was published in papers last week, you'd swear this was new information.

Yes some form of MHQ capacity is required in the event that a brake is applied to non eu countries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kingston Mills ****ting all over the AZ vaccine now. Predictable.

The name sounds like a bread brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I see the following on independent.ie

"Ministers will also consider whether the Government should just issue advice to unvaccinated people urging them not to dine indoors."

This is the only viable option. The idea of pubs checking people's vaccine certs is just insane.

Was just about to post that, would seem like the most logical one to go with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Some guy on radio now saying that we are heading for Nazi Germany style society….that’s perhaps a little exaggerated…

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So it's okay for unvaccinated staff to serve vaccinated customers because they don't pose a risk to the vaccinated customers but its not okay for unvaccinated customers to be near the vaccinated customers? does covid know the unvaccinated staff are working or what?
    It's not OK for unvaccinated customers to be indoors with unvaccinated staff and other unvaccinated customers.

This isn't rocket science.

Indoors, social distancing isn't worth sh1t. No amount of metres between tables or plastic partitions protects you from the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The reopening of indoor dining is expected to be delayed until July 19 while a system to allow vaccinated people or those who have been infected with Covid-19 in the last nine months to dine inside is developed.

I knew it, you still won't be able to dine indoors after the 19th until you are fully vaccinated. This is crazy.

We need to be out on the streets, NPHET are gone too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

NIMAN wrote: »
    2170?
    Why not 2070, or 2190, or 2500?

Sure just throw out a random figure, keep the culture of fear alive, keep ourselves (NPHET) relevant, keep all the celeb experts on the TV and radio for another 6 months. McConkey, O'Neill and all never want this to end.

In fairness, McConkey was very refreshing yesterday on the need to live with Covid. I dont get the anger towards O'Neill, he's been continuously advocating solutions to ending the pandemic e.g. mass antigen and is unequivocal about the success of vaccinations. Since January he's been saying the pandemic is heading towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Also how do we get 7 months into the year before they propose an internal vaccine passport? I fundamentally disagree with the premise, but if they actually wanted to do it they should have been organising it months ago. This is the standard of planning that's deciding whether industries open or not, infuriating stuff.

• Advertisement

PhoneMain wrote: »
    In fairness, McConkey was very refreshing yesterday on the need to live with Covid. I dont get the anger towards O'Neill, he's been continuously advocating solutions to ending the pandemic e.g. mass antigen and is unequivocal about the success of vaccinations. Since January he's been saying the pandemic is heading towards the end.

Yeah to be fair to Luke O’Neill he seems to have been nothing but positive since the beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

seamus wrote: »
    It's not OK for unvaccinated customers to be indoors with unvaccinated staff and other unvaccinated customers.

Indoors, social distancing isn't worth sh1t. No amount of metres between tables or plastic partitions protects you from the virus.

Yet it was last summer?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

leahyl wrote: »
    Some guy on radio now saying that we are heading for Nazi Germany style society….that’s perhaps a little exaggerated…

Mother of god this guy is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

rob316 wrote: »
    I knew it, you still won't be able to dine indoors after the 19th until you are fully vaccinated. This is crazy.

"NPHET are gone too far". What have they actually done and implemented that you think they're gone too far on?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

rob316 wrote: »

They are actually incentivising young people getting the ****ing virus now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

It was fine last summer but now we have vaccines and the vulnerable are largely protected so now its not ok to be around the great unwashed so they can sit outside in the pissing rain instead. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

In more positive news….I’m getting my first vaccine today :-P

You will be allowed sit at the door of a restaurant now. Not outside with the peasants and not inside with the Stonecutters .

You will be allowed sit at the door of a restaurant now. Not outside with the peasants and not inside with the Stonecutters .

:-P ah lads, if we didn’t laugh, we’d cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

Why is it ok in the rest of Europe?
    Why are we special?
    What information do we have that the rest of the EU or even the States do not have?
    What exactly are the metrics for reopening?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Who is going to serve the food and drinks in these indoor areas? Most under 30 are not vaccinated
    I am totally against this, its not fair on the younger generation. I will be fully vaccinated next week, but still think the government is wrong here.

How is our data different to Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    McConkey was on NT this morning and said his modelling predicted 200 to 500 deaths for the rest of 2021...

WHAT?

This is Mc Conkey, if hes predicting that and hes always been pessimistic bordering on doom yet NPHET come up with what they came up with.

Whats actually going on?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

This is possibly the biggest decision of Michael Martins political career….he’s gonna f**k it up, isn’t he?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

#disbandNPHET is trending number 1 on Irish twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

This is possibly the biggest decision of Michael Martins political career….he’s gonna f**k it up, isn’t he?!

And Leo. Both are in it together

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

#disbandNPHET is trending number 1 on Irish twitter

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Can some confirm if NPHET actually advised this Vacinated only re indoor dining/Pubs, or is it the case, they didn't object to this bizzare notion. I'm getting a sense of an impression NPHET actually recommended this but I'm not sure they actually did.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

AdamD wrote: »
    Also how do we get 7 months into the year before they propose an internal vaccine passport? I fundamentally disagree with the premise, but if they actually wanted to do it they should have been organising it months ago. This is the standard of planning that's deciding whether industries open or not, infuriating stuff.
    It's not been planned because they never intended to do it but this latest NPHET missive is effectively forcing them into it, it's also not a government idea either. As a concept it's pretty unworkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Can some confirm if NPHET actually advised this Vacinated only re indoor dining/Pubs, or is it the case, they didn't object to this bizzare notion. I'm getting a sense the impression NPHET actually recommended this but I'm not sure they actually did.
    Yeah, they have recommended this as a sop to the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Can some confirm if NPHET actually advised this Vacinated only re indoor dining/Pubs, or is it the case, they didn't object to this bizzare notion. I'm getting a sense of an impression NPHET actually recommended this but I'm not sure they actually did.

I want to read the NPHET letter for myself. I don't think it has been published yet - I can't find it anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement