Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

We keep hearing this for months and months. In reality a few days of complaining online, and it will be forgotten once the next news headline comes along.

Yup, we're a nation of subservient cowards. People will do fcuk all. Do this in France and the place would be burning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

Rte and the Irish media have played a huge role in this nonsense. Who sent the word out last Monday to start hyping this ****.
    I said months ago that they were going to make us beg for our lives back and here we are.

This is bollocks of the highest order.
    The rule through fear.
    It is abhorrent to a liberal democracy what they are proposing with regards these certificates.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did paul Reid (HSE) not say a few weeks ago supplies of Vacinnes will slow next month?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bluffer Donnelly on now to explain all.

It stops when people say enough, but unfortunately, we seem to be a nation fond of shackling ourselves.

the Brits
    The Catholic Church
    and now this sick regime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is a stupid country.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I expect Tony Holohan to be declared leader any day now. Is there any point in us ever holding elections again. What a weak government , I hate Sinn Fein but it's time they were let in to reclaim the country from the old enemy NEMPHT.
    NPHET....

Sinn Fein would be doing something similar I would say....

I don't agree with it....madness at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shlippery wrote: »
    'Government will devise an implementation plan by 19 July'

Jesus. Christ.

What have they been doing for the last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

And Holohan also has explaining to do as to why 4500 untested people were moved from hospitals into nursing homes at the beginning of the pandemic on top of the existing question marks over his offer to do an internal report for the cancer screening failure

That'll be the day. It's more likely he will be awarded some other freedom of the city or honorary doctorate to add to what they've given him already for god knows what.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

used car salesman Donnelly on RTE radio 1 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭HerrKapitan

So honestly, what is so special about Ireland that they're being this cautious.... Compared to the rest of the EU or the UK.

Can someone tell me this?

I wouldn't call the forcing of young unvaccinated restaurant or pub staff to work inside with customers caution tbh.

A petty and spiteful little man who could barely contain his glee as he smashed people's jobs and businesses into the ground.

Time for protests. Time for the worst Taoiseach in the history of the State to be run out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Fann Linn wrote: »

Is he? link?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fann Linn wrote: »

Oh he may just push me over the edge as he 'explains' it to us :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

used car salesman Donnelly on RTE radio 1 now

No doubt Leo will be on everywhere saying he doesn't agree, Blaa Blaa Blaa

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I expect Tony Holohan to be declared leader any day now. Is there any point in us ever holding elections again. What a weak government , I hate Sinn Fein but it's time they were let in to reclaim the country from the old enemy NEMPHT.

They called for 'zero covid'. A bigger and more farcical joke of a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

It looks like the government have really dropped the ball on this issue, it may have been workable if you'd given customers the option of vaccine pass OR cheap antigen test but to limit those allowed have a meal/pint to vaccinated people only is just madness and will make this restriction totally unworkable

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

jakiah wrote: »
    This is a reduction of 50% from the trials we've been having in Tallaght Stadium

Trials are separate and there's separate guidance for large scale events in stadiums that have bigger capacity.

There's no change to the outdoor events, this was all previously announced last month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭shockframe

Get ready for more mass gatherings in the city centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Stephen Donnelly wants to listen to the people.

Listen. Listen, ah shut the **** up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If any further proof were needed we have a group of career bureaucrats in NPHET deciding national policy with a rubber stamp from cabinet to make it look official.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Trials are separate and there's separate guidance for large scale events in stadiums that have bigger capacity.

There's no change to the outdoor events, this was all previously announced last month

Which doesn’t make it any less of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

So honestly, what is so special about Ireland that they're being this cautious.... Compared to the rest of the EU or the UK.

Can someone tell me this?

Stretched health service, especially ICU that can be overwhelmed quickly. We had people on trolleys before this, another massive surge like January quickly breaks the system.

Ireland also naturally cautious, we've had very very few national emergencies in our history - no massive loss of lives like from an earthquake etc - so we are not inured to it. We still look back to the famine 170 years ago in shock, but there's nothing like this in living history

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

iceage wrote: »
    Is he? link?

Radio 1

Holohan must be proud as punch right now - back, front and centre of headlines.

Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If any further proof were needed we have a group of career bureaucrats in NPHET deciding national policy with a rubber stamp from cabinet to make it look official.
    The issue is the government and cabinet....not showing any critical thinking whatsoever.
    I am sure other countries have the equivalent of NPHET but don't adopt everything they suggest
    Spineless

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Donnelly - OMG seriously, shut your mouth

Collette Fitzpatrick saying 'Data backed up with Nphet' ...shes another one... jaysus fkcing christ

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Did paul Reid (HSE) not say a few weeks ago supplies of Vacinnes will slow next month?

Did Leo Varadkar not say the pandemic was over a few weeks ago?

• Advertisement

That'll be the day. It's more likely he will be awarded some other freedom of the city or honorary doctorate to add to what they've given him already for god knows what.

Here is Tony attending his own ceremony for his honorary fellowship when he told you that you cant have your ceremony

tony-holohan.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement