Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ah yeah. The summer is gone lads. And then we'll be back into increased restrictions for the winter.

I'm no defender of the government, but the plan is clearly herd immunity. There will be no lockdown in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Lots of nice destinations from Belfast City Airport. I heard that Ibiza is nice at this time of year.

Why would anybody want to 'holiday' or 'staycation' here after today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How quiet those posters have become that were essentially praising the slowness of it all.
    Embarrassment in all totality.
    So only vaccinated people, I assume that means no masks to walk anywhere within anything that is indoors. Ah wait, I seem to have caught the same load of bollocks the government has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

gmisk wrote: »
    You could eat inside in the place your staying though...it is bizarre

50 allowed at a funeral, 5000 per day allowed at the Irish open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

E36Ross wrote: »
    Are we now entering a two tier society???
    The vaccinated and the un-vaccinated.

Will the vaccinated get special wrist bands and stickers to prove they're superior?

The clean and the unclean.
    And the unclean get the little stickers to prove it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Doodah7 wrote: »
    People getting their knickers in a twist over a few pints and bit of indoor grub!! Ah the poor crathurs...
    I think this post is actually more pathetic than the governments decision. And that is saying a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RobitTV wrote: »
    Lots of nice destinations from Belfast City Airport. I hear that Ibiza is nice at this time of year.

Why would anybody want to 'holiday' or 'staycation' here after today?

I feel sorry for anyone that booked a staycation after July 5th expecting indoor dining to be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will the vaccinated get special wrist bands and stickers to prove they're superior?

armbands on their overcoats huddled around their pints outside in the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I'm no defender of the government, but the plan is clearly herd immunity. There will be no lockdwon in the winter

I don't know how you can think that based on where we are. NPHET are predicting doomsday case levels for January even with vaccinations. You don't think they won't recommend lockdowns for the winter?

So what if you dont want a vaccine? Youre not allowed to ever dine indoors??. That wont be lifted ever..its criminal, end of story??. Begining of a very slippery slope. Weeks ago we were told vaccine identification is only for travel so conspiracy theorists are starting to sound right tbh.

• Advertisement

Complete overthetop thought , I know, :rolleyes::o, but I feel at this stage, Id love to see a National Shutdown for one day. No buses no taxis no shops open. All staff everywhere, just stop what you are doing. Just shut the place down.

Might remind them of who they are working for. They have long since forgotten.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I'm no defender of the government, but the plan is clearly herd immunity. There will be no lockdown in the winter

They don't have a plan. Not a scooby.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Or clothing? Handmaids Tale/Gilead - no so far fetched now, is it….

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I feel sorry for anyone that booked a staycation after July 5th expecting indoor dining to be open.

I did - booked a house for a week for the 10th July. Thought we'd be well on the way to some level of normality. But no, we just got "we plan to have a plan by the 19th".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Tell me how you can have herd immunity when 25%(under 18s) of the people can't access a vaccine before winter and at least 10% of over 18s wont take the vaccine.

That 25% will be mixing all the time so herd immunity is impossible.

rusty cole wrote: »
    So what if you dont want a vaccine? Youre not allowed to ever dine indoors??. That wont be lifted ever..its criminal, end of story??. Begining of a very slippery slope. Weeks ago we were told vaccine identification is only for travel so conspiracy theorists are starting to sound right tbh.

COVID

Certificate
    Of
    Vacination
    ID idenification

yep, doesnt sound so far fetched anymore.

Looking forward to Joe Duffy now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

There should genuinely be a week long general strike in this country. I'm no left wing activist, but the country needs to be brought to its knees before people actually wake up and smell the coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭mcgragger

I think people need to start doing their own thing at this point.
    It will be ****ing years before NPHET release us from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

eskimohunt wrote: »
    Even if you don't drink, you should be appalled at personal freedoms being curtailed over dodgy figures and even more appalled that government is effectively in the jaws of overpaid bureaucrats.

I don't drink or go to pubs and have done very little dining out in recent years and I am appalled that this weak Govt has handed over the country to an arrogant, control-freak egomaniac and his quack fortune-teller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Jake1 wrote: »
    Complete overthetop thought , I know, :rolleyes::o, but I feel at this stage, Id love to see a National Shutdown for one day. No buses no taxis no shops open. All staff everywhere, just stop what you are doing. Just shut the place down.

Might remind them of who they are working for. They have long since forgotten.
    :mad:

NPHET would be delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

RobitTV wrote: »
    There should genuinely be a week long general strike in this country. I'm no left wing activist, but the country needs to be brought to its knees before people actually wake up and smell the coffee.

The left wing are loving this. They wont be protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I feel sorry for all the B&bs and accommodation providers without facilities who are going to get a slew of cancellations now.

No point going anywhere in the country when you won’t be able to eat or drink anywhere as they are so booked up and prioritizing local trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Today's announcement is just one of another incidents in a long list of our best and brightest scientists not doing science, not interpreting research correctly and (potentially) maliciously misinforming the public as to the threat level of this particular virus.

Lab leak origin, droplets vs aerosols, lockdown and mask efficacy (or lack of), ivermectin stifled as a therapeutic due to sketchy EUA rules surrounding vaccine rollout to protect pharmaceutical companies' profits.

The world is paying for the results of bad science while being duped into thinking we are following "the" science.

If today's fiasco doesn't open a few eyes here at home I dont know what the fvck will.

Fauci's email leaks were illuminating to no end.
    Tempted to put in an FOI on NPHET communications in the run up to these decisions. God knows the journalists in this country won't bother their holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Looking forward to Joe Duffy now!!
    He won't cover this is my prediction...but who knows
    Yesterday was real cutting edge stuff......people hitting deer on motorways (I am not joking)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sweden expanding their reopening of indoor dining on 1st July to allow eateries and cafes which can seat up to 300 indoors and 3,000 outside and remain open after 10:30 p.m.

remember sweden, with their light touch restrictions....

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭mcgragger

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I did - booked a house for a week for the 10th July. Thought we'd be well on the way to some level of normality. But no, we just got "we plan to have a plan by the 19th".

And you know we wont have a plan for the 19th.
    Indoor dining and pubs are never going to open again it would appear.
    All of those gigs that were pushed until 2022 are in doubt as well.
    NPHET will be locking us down for years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I feel sorry for all the B&bs and accommodation providers without facilities who are going to get a slew of cancellations now.

No point going anywhere in the country when you won’t be able to eat or drink anywhere as they are so booked up and prioritizing local trade.

Exactly but we are told here by certain posters that it is all about people wanting to have a session,these delays have far reaching consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'm no defender of the government, but the plan is clearly herd immunity. There will be no lockdwon in the winter

Yeah right

If we're this restricted in summer with the cases, icu and hosopitalisation as they are now then god help us when seasonality kicks in

it will take a miracle for NPHET not to recommend a lockdown later in the year given their BS modelling for July to September

• Advertisement

Leo just said it was policy not to use this system in ireland and its a change to policy..ergo...tony had changed policy..plus he wont sign off on antigen test and said pcrs are not accetable for travel..how is this not being shredded..he cannot answer and martin looks clueless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement