Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

charlie14 wrote: »
    I have no problem with either social distancing or wearing a mask.

Good for you.

But I'm being forced to wear one 39 hours a week in work plus another 8 hours or so a week on public transport and when I go to the supermarket for something that is of no threat to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

dalyboy wrote: »
    face nappies

Are we still doing this? Really?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Good for you.

But I'm being forced to wear one 39 hours a week in work plus another 8 hours or so a week on public transport and when I go to the supermarket for something that is of no threat to me.

Same here, other than the public transport, and I am one of those someone mention that has driven home wearing one without realising it.
    I have never solely looked on them as protecting just me from threat.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Good for you.

Could you ask your employer to put in a Perspex screen instead around your desk/ work area. Seems that a lot of people are in the same boat as you . Have been in shops where the staff were pulling down the mask just to get air, it seems awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Opinon8d

I drove through my local town tonight at midnight and plenty of drunk people walking home almost like pubs are open. Which was not the case any other weekend I drove around. It would make you think perhaps we would be better with outdoor dining/drinking in safe spaces being open to people then the house gatherings that are clearly happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone know what level they’ll call the new changes?
    Are we still in “level 5” throughout May?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

scamalert wrote: »
    Were back to this is india, no were not india, are you sure were not in india,and why did you bring up india, i didnt bring up india, can i not mention india fck feel your pain having to read the brain melt some people get away posting here.

Well if some do insist on taking comments completely and utterly out of context, misquoting same and adding legs and let them run off on all four barking - then what do you expect. I mean seriously?

But for love of dog DONT mention the "I" word on this thread. :eek:

But yes you're correct- 'the pain having to read the brain melt some people get away posting here' ....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

dalyboy wrote: »
    I personally never once wore a mask since this mask mandate occurred. I’ve worn a turtle neck jumper that I pull up entering a shop that has barely covered my upper nose. It still passes the “face covering” title imo and I’ve never been asked to put on an actual mask.

It touched 20 degrees last week? :confused:

So during the summer if you need to go to a shop or anything when you are out and about you'll don the turtle neck instead of a face covering that weighs a couple of grams?

Absolute Genius.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Speaking of Israel, seems their positivity rate has now dropped to 0.1%.:)

And yet masks are still required indoors.

Graham wrote: »
    You should take a look at the masks thread gortanna, I think you'd like it :)

It's a restriction and so discussing it in the restrictions thread makes sense. And there's no discussion allowed in the masks thread. But I've made my point on masks. If they're not going away completely with case numbers and deaths on the floor in a number of countries around the world then I don't see how they'll ever go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Penfailed wrote: »
    Are we still doing this? Really?

No adult is.

Unless they have a sexual fetish which is a different matter.
    Boggles wrote: »
    It touched 20 degrees last week? :confused:

So during the summer if you need to go to a shop or anything when you are out and about you'll don the turtle neck instead of a face covering that weighs a couple of grams?

Absolute Genius.

The mad "solutions" they come up with to "fight the system" is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

The masks will go once nPHEt or government say they aren’t needed

The government did a 180 degree turn regarding restrictions this week

They went from talking about delaying inter county travel until July to giving the green light for inter county travel next week

The same posters that defended the July plan then agreed with the plans for next week, despite nothing changing regarding the virus over the past week

So once the once someone in government or nPHEt say it, the masks are gone

Agree with this. And right up until government or NPHET decide masks are no longer a legal requirement and the recommendations on distancing begin to be eased we will hear how vital they are to help save lives, how simple those measures are, and what a godawful human being you are if you grumble about them.

Then on one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, you will be able to walk into a supermarket without a mask and not be in breach of any law.

It will be interesting to see how many will continue to practice distancing and masking to protect themselves and others, when it’s no longer mandated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

gansi wrote: »
    Could you ask your employer to put in a Perspex screen instead around your desk/ work area. Seems that a lot of people are in the same boat as you . Have been in shops where the staff were pulling down the mask just to get air, it seems awful.

Don't have a designated work area like that. Lot of moving around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

The masks will go once nPHEt or government say they aren’t needed

The government did a 180 degree turn regarding restrictions this week

They went from talking about delaying inter county travel until July to giving the green light for inter county travel next week

The same posters that defended the July plan then agreed with the plans for next week, despite nothing changing regarding the virus over the past week

So once the once someone in government or nPHEt say it, the masks are gone

That was the funniest thing about last week.

All the posters defending the original government plan and leaks about delayed openings etc, pulling stats, tables and data out if their arses to defend the government plan, quoting feckin India and then trying to tell everyone how they aren’t just following what “the man on de telly from the government says” that they are looking and following science, making up their own minds and just happening to reach the same conclusion as NpHEt and the government.

Government and NPHET do a complete 180 so surely that goes against the “science” being quoted all week.....

“No the man on the telly was dead right, I was saying that all along so I was, fully expected this level of easing, India! who said anything about India, where’s India?”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Gortanna wrote: »

Yes they seem to have lost the plot, first off need a cert proof of vaccine to enter a concert (fair enough) but once inside the 100% vaccinated audience has to wear a mask ???

Mind boggling....

the kelt wrote: »
    Government and NPHET do a complete 180 so surely that goes against the “science” being quoted all week.....

They did a 180 on a plan that didn't exist?

You'd swear nightclubs were opening on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

You can tell by the way Holohan is talking that this isn’t over by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

charlie14 wrote: »
    I imagine the likes of clubbing will be well down the list on opening up, but even then, like concert or sports events for large crowds, will require either a vaccine passport or recent test result for entry.

the government said this would be unlikely in response to the GAA saying they would consider it.

you can see from some of the comments people are almost aroused at the notion of punishing or excluding those who refuse a vaccine. You can picture their beaming pride as they flash their vaccine passport "look at me , a good citizen"

Yet there will 4 millions vaccinated by Sept (as is the plan), so many others recovered from covid with their delicious antibodies.
    there will be few left in the hospitals with covid

But they'll still beat that drum. There is a weird fetish over controlling the "other person" and demanding a pound of flesh from those that think otherwise.

Principal Skinner knows what to call those people.

pPdNZ3c.jpg

paw patrol wrote: »

Yet there will 4 millions vaccinated by Sept (as is the plan),

Do you plan on being one of them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

the kelt wrote: »
    All the posters defending the original government plan and leaks about delayed openings etc, pulling stats, tables and data out if their arses to defend the government plan, quoting feckin India and then trying to tell everyone how they aren’t just following what “the man on de telly from the government says” that they are looking and following science, making up their own minds and just happening to reach the same conclusion as NpHEt and the government.

It's not a particularly complicated conclusion to reach to be honest.

Risks go down, restrictions are relaxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

:pac:

What changed since last weekend regarding the risk from Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Of course it’s not complicated when there’s no plan or any indication of what metrics for risk guide the relaxation of restrictions.

Risks go down - how far down? As low as possible.
    Restrictions are relaxed - which ones and when? They’ll see.

Messaging was cautious and pessimistic in predicting easing of restrictions, but in the space of one week, and compared to the past six weeks, no metrics have changed to any degree of note, and nothing much different in vaccination plans, and the same clear trend in hospital data.

Whatever epiphany NPHET had last week they’re keeping to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Gortanna wrote: »

But not required here amongst vaccinated people indoors here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,022 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Europe was using the science of wishful thinking last week we were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Of course it’s not complicated when there’s no plan or any indication of what metrics for risk guide the relaxation of restrictions.

Risks go down - how far down? As low as possible.
    Restrictions are relaxed - which ones and when? They’ll see.

Messaging was cautious and pessimistic in predicting easing of restrictions, but in the space of one week, and compared to the past six weeks, no metrics have changed to any degree of note, and nothing much different in vaccination plans, and the same clear trend in hospital data.

Whatever epiphany NPHET had last week they’re keeping to themselves.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40274552.html
    €12bn in Covid emergency funding set aside for 2021 will run out by the end of June, resulting in “many more billions” being needed to protect the economy.

The realisation the purse is empty trumps all concern about Covid

Do you not think it’s at all possible that observation of trends over an extended period time resulted in the conclusion last week that a significant relaxation was now warranted? And not that anything changed on a particular day which is patently ridiculous

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40274552.html

The realisation the purse is empty trumps all concern about Covid

This must be the 50th instance of the same article being misunderstood

Vaccines.

Plan and supply from AZ and Jansen.

Pfizer 2 weeks ago again declaring they will exceed supply. Moderna now committed to supply.

Vaccinate and ease restrictions.

Relative to the North we are more ambitious and continue to be.

We had schools fully open before them.

May is still a conservative reopening, by the time June comes along a million plus more vaccines will be gone into arms.

This is all good news, time to ease back on the doom mongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    You can tell by the way Holohan is talking that this isn’t over by a long shot.

You could be right, Holohan now saying vaccinated people shouldn’t be mixing. Another set of holes on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You could be right, Holohan now saying vaccinated people shouldn’t be mixing. Another set of holes on the pitch.

Huh??? Where is this suggested ?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/get-back-out-there-chief-medical-officer-tony-holohan-tellsolder-people-who-are-vaccinated-40381219.html

"Chief medical officer Tony Holohan has urged older people to “get back out there” and restart the things they used to do once Covid-19 restrictions are eased next week."

"He said while people may be “anxious at the idea of reopening your social circle...you can have confidence in your vaccine, no matter which one you received”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement