Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doggy daycare in North Dublin

• 01-05-2021 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

In preparation for a return to work in a few months, can anyone recommend a daycare service in North Dublin City or surrounding areas?

Ideally it would be two days a week.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi All,

In preparation for a return to work in a few months, can anyone recommend a daycare service in North Dublin City or surrounding areas?

Ideally it would be two days a week.

Thanks in advance.

Rahney any used to you?

https://m.facebook.com/TheDogDenDublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I had contacted the Dog Den but unfortunately they have decided to stop daycare moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

I had contacted the Dog Den but unfortunately they have decided to stop daycare moving forward.

Really, did they say why?

There aren't many options otherwise afaik, where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Really, did they say why?

There aren't many options otherwise afaik, where are you based?

I can't speak for The Dog Den, but I have seen a few places who have moved away from standard doggie daycare services (where dogs are just kept together to play/interact with all day) due to many articles popping up done on the effects of dogs behaviourally long term.

I am only familiar of one dog daycare provider that manages to ensure it's a balanced and enjoyable environment for all, there may be others I'm unfamiliar with however. Dogs just all put together to become physically and mentally exhausted isn't a good environment for everyone and can create issues, and some folks recognize this and have moved away from this.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

Yeah I think the only way to manage it would be to have adequate space and seperate areas which is a tall order in Dublin city inside the m50. You couldn't have puppies/teenagers in with most adult dogs for an entire day.

They do assessments I suppose to make sure the dog is suited to the environment but would say they have to turn down a lot of dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Yeah I think the only way to manage it would be to have adequate space and seperate areas which is a tall order in Dublin city inside the m50. You couldn't have puppies/teenagers in with most adult dogs for an entire day.

They do assessments I suppose to make sure the dog is suited to the environment but would say they have to turn down a lot of dogs.

And getting staff who have good understanding of dog behaviour and body language, the facilities to separate dogs safely, as well as how to appropriately deal with situations... the whole thing isn't easy, and if you got all that, you will have to charge a fair bit for the quality service!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Advertisement