Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's Boxing (Chisora v Parker, Taylor v Jonas, Tennyson, Ruiz v Arreola etc)

Options
  • 01-05-2021 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

PPV card on Sky is terrible to be fair.

Katie in a fight she should win. Reckon she'll have far too much speed for Jonas and win clear.

James Tennyson fighting for a fake world title against a guy who's never been stopped. Tennyson on a good run and a win should put him in line for a big fight.

Not much interest in the two heavyweights but am intrigued by how Parker looks with Andy Lee now his trainer. There's a decent heavyweight in Parker if fully motivated and on it imo so hopefully Lee can be the man to get it out of him.

Rest of the card is mismatches really.

Andy Ruiz back in the States in a fight he should win easy enough as is Erislandy Lara.

https://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/1388465762705285121?s=19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Tennyson in the ring now

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Savage!

This won’t last. Either one could go!

Chin let him down..that lad was in to kill..

Knew it within 30 seconds. If James could not take this lad out, he would get taken out. Straffon throwing heavy leather

All this talk of upsets..

Mexican lads are born fighters. Tough hard men..

Maybe a small upset as per bookies. That’s about it..

• Advertisement

Tennyson always has that bit of fragility about him unfortunately. Hopefully still gets plenty of more opportunities too entertaining a fighter not to.

Feels a bit disrespectful to someone of Bivol's class having him fight this far down an undercard tbh behind the likes of Campbell Hatton ffs.

Bivol turning the screw here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

For people not buying the PPV where are you watching this right now?
    I thought coverage wasn't starting til 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

megadodge wrote: »
    For people not buying the PPV where are you watching this right now?
    I thought coverage wasn't starting til 8pm?

It's on Sky Sports Box Office, according to my not to be mentioned stream.

• Advertisement

Richards doing a good job, but just losing rounds consistently I feel, 3-1 or something like that on my card.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Richards doing a good job, but just losing rounds consistently I feel, 3-1 or something like that on my card.

Richards seems content to just do ok. No get up and go

Bivol should be pressing this more..Richards isn’t that good.

Ok, Richards now showing more offence..

I’d favor Beterbiev over Bivol..

7-1 or 6-2 at best here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭HBC08

If anyone has a stream i'd be mighty indebted to get a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Morrison J wrote: »
    Feels a bit disrespectful to someone of Bivol's class having him fight this far down an undercard tbh behind the likes of Campbell Hatton ffs.

Campbell's the float fight though isn't he ?

I could be wrong on that, but I assume that's how they're using his bout.

Bivol should be the headline if it was about ability, but as a Russian fighter against a British fighter who isn't a name it's not surprising.
    Richards doing a lot better than I expected although clearly losing the fight. Thought he'd be bombed out early.

I knew Straffon had the offensive ability to trouble Tennyson, but only if he could eat some leather from James first, and that I did not expect. As Mexicans often are, he seems extremely tough and that's a huge win for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭StreetLight

HBC08 wrote: »
    If anyone has a stream i'd be mighty indebted to get a pm

Me too, please :-)

Big Ears wrote: »
    Campbell's the float fight though isn't he ?

Pretty sure he's pencilled in to fight between the Eubank and Taylor fights so not a float.

I get what they're trying to do but only Hearn would do this really. No other promotor/network puts a P4P talent on below a one fight novice.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's pencilled in to fight between the Eubank and Taylor fights so not a float.

I get what they're trying to do but only Hearn would do this really. No other promotor/network puts a P4P talent on below a one fight novice.

I stand corrected !

Jake Paul headlining above Prograis ?

I reckon it's the sort of thing we'll only see more of going forward.

• Advertisement

Any stream for this? PM please

Some of the cards were a joke how could that be 115-113 or 115-114, at least 118-110 was an accurate reflection.

Some of the cards were a joke how could that be 115-113 or 115-114, at least 118-110 was an accurate reflection.

When several rounds are very close...

But in this fight I think Bivol won at least 8 clean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I thought Richards doing the "wtf?" at the result was funny all the same.

Love Chris Eubank Jr, great to have him back. Really wish he had got Roy Jones as his trainer ten years ago.

Junior’s been around years threatening to do this, that and the other..

He just hasn’t done it..

In terms of Bivol fighting early, I've just seen the very valid point made elsewhere about Russia being several times zones ahead (Moscow time zone is +3 hours), so from a Russian TV perspective him fighting earlier would make sense.

walshb wrote: »
    Junior’s been around years threatening to do this, that and the other.. He just hasn’t done it..

Can you imagine if BJS had Junior's work ethic, or if Junior had had BJS's training. Both of them are hugely talented but could have been so much more.

I think it was over there if Eubank wanted it. Toying with him now, to get the rounds in.

The look of shock on Morrison's face.

What are posters thoughts on the Katie Taylor v Natasha Jonas fight? Mick Dowling on RTE six one news this evening suggesting that Taylor's weakness could be the lack of a power punch. I don't know much about boxing but I am in the slightly fortunate position of having the fight on the box now, after my persuasive father got me to buy the fight.

• Advertisement

What are posters thoughts on the Katie Taylor v Natasha Jonas fight? Mick Dowling on RTE six one news this evening suggesting that Taylor's weakness could be the lack of a power punch. I don't know much about boxing but I am in the slightly fortunate position of having the fight on the box now, after my persuasive father got me to buy the fight.

Taylor’s lack of power shouldn’t see her suffer here..

She suffered vs Persoon and some others due to her not being able to hurt or discourage them from pressuring her all night.

Jonas in more methodical, slower paced.

Katie’s feet, speed of hands and feet should see her be too quick; Jonas unable to establish any real offensive rhythm.

But, Jonas can box. Has height and reach, and has some ok power. So Katie needs to be careful..

Advertisement