Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's Boxing (Chisora v Parker, Taylor v Jonas, Tennyson, Ruiz v Arreola etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Stoolie

Am not the hugest fan of women beating each other , to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

tom1ie wrote: »
    So who's Katie's next target? Is there anyone decent left at lightweight she hasn't beaten?

Chantelle Cameron would give her a decent fight given an opportunity. Though her last opponent was a joke.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,717 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stoolie wrote: »
    Am not the hugest fan of women beating each other , to be honest.

I totally understand someone not liking boxing generally... but why women specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I just think the better boxer would show over 3 minutes.

It could or it might just be the fitter fighter that outlasts the other. Hard to say. lot of the female fighters aren't full time pro's too which makes it tricky to expect them to go 12x3 minute rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

So who's Katie's next target? Is there anyone decent left at lightweight she hasn't beaten?

A second fight against Jessica McCaskill could be a possibility? I was really impressed with McCaskill in their first fight and she has won her five fights since, including beating Braekhus twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That wasn’t even a punch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"War" is a strange name to pick as your Confirmation name all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

walshb wrote: »
    That wasn’t even a punch!

Caught him right above the ear going by the replay.

Parker put some some decent shots together after that knockdown.

Has to be Amanda Serrano.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Morrison J wrote: »
    It could or it might just be the fitter fighter that outlasts the other. Hard to say. lot of the female fighters aren't full time pro's too which makes it tricky to expect them to go 12x3 minute rounds.

10 x 3 or 8 x 3 then.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A second fight against Jessica McCaskill could be a possibility? I was really impressed with McCaskill in their first fight and she has won her five fights since, including beating Braekhus twice.

That's a bad fight for Taylor tbh.

I think she's declining, and I'd be happy to see her rematch Jonas, beat her again for a decent pay cheque and retire.
    I very much doubt that'll happen though. Taylor will keep going till she loses at least 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

harr wrote: »
    Closer than it should have been .. odd the two 95-96 scores[/quote

I thought it was 10-9 must scoring system. Winning a 10 rd fight by a point with no 10-8 rds is strange for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

**** sake chisora looks like he'll cough up a lung on his stool next. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I thought it was 10-9 must scoring system. Winning a 10 rd fight by a point with no 10-8 rds is strange for me

10-10 rounds happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

It's 10 point must system.
    10-10 and even rounds are allowed to be scored.

Very rare you see them in the US, they're a lot more common in Britain.
    There's a judge in Luxembourg who gives a few of them in most fights !.....even when it's obvious someone won a round.

Andy Lee was on Second Captains the other day just saying he wouldn't be surprised or mind Chisora winning the first few rounds... seems like it's playing out that way a bit, Parker looking a bit better the longer it goes. Might have started gaining momentum a bit late though, needs to be winning most of the remaining rounds from here unless he gets a KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Andy Lee was on Second Captains the other day just saying he wouldn't be surprised or mind Chisora winning the first few rounds... seems like it's playing out that way a bit, Parker looking a bit better the longer it goes. Might have started gaining momentum a bit late though, needs to be winning most of the remaining rounds from here unless he gets a KO.

Chisora is getting ko'd heavily later on

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Big Ears wrote: »
    That's a bad fight for Taylor tbh.

I think she's declining, and I'd be happy to see her rematch Jonas, beat her again for a decent pay cheque and retire.
    I very much doubt that'll happen though. Taylor will keep going till she loses at least 1.

Agreed. Would be very fearful for her in that fight but circumstances could well dictate that it's the next fight on table. I can see McCaskill calling Katie out also and she has a lot of credit in the bank after those Braekhus wins.

I'd also be happy to see Katie rematch Jonas, beat her and retire undefeated. She doesn't have much to prove at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

sxt wrote: »

Looking like it. Parker much fresher

sxt wrote: »

Looks like he might just collapse if the fight goes a few more rounds!

<edit> turning in to a real slug fest here now. Chisora hanging in there though.

• Advertisement

Good scrap from both fighters there.

Could you imagine going drinking with Chisora? You would end up in more bar saloon fights than John Wayne.

Is anybody scoring this ?

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Chisora is a hardy bastard.

Could you imagine going drinking with Chisora? You would end up in more bar saloon fights than John Wayne.

He reminds me of a cross between George Foreman and Danny Glover's Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon! "I'm too old for this ****!"

Possibly why he doesn't drink anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Is anybody scoring this ?

Maybe 5-3(77-74) Chisora.

Possibly why he doesn't drink anymore :D

I was wondering about that as I posted it. Probably for the best!

I was wondering about that as I posted it. Probably for the best!

Gave up when he joined Haye and found Jesus or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Like to see Parker go for this more. Lee telling him to jab and move. Feels like Chisora is there for the taking if Parker was to put his combinations together more.

Advertisement