Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of grass is this? It's destroyed my lawn!!

Options
  • 01-05-2021 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I moved into a new build last year. Garden was basically a dump site. Dug it up, put down a good few tonnes of topsoil and seeded it. It grew in beautifully. Everything was great last summer. I put down a standard autumn fertilizer and left it alone.

Come march it started growing back but it's completely different type of grass. I always used evergreen number 2 lawn seed.

The new grass is long thick stalks almost with red at the base. See photos attached. Looks crap. A tiny pull and whole thing comes out of the soil. It leaves a massive gap though if I pull it up.

My back garden I reseded identically and used the same soil and seed. It's growing lovely again. I've no idea whats happened.

Am I going to have to go around and pull all of these clumps up and reseed? I don't see another way.

Any advise appreciated.

Advertisement