Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Item in Processed Chicken

Options
  • 01-05-2021 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Can anybody identify this item. Found in the neck area of a chicken bought in a local shop. Chicken had been cleaned out, head removed etc.
    Could a chicken swallow a thing this size?
    It made of plastic with a silver coloured coating . There is hole through it and a notch on one side. A loop on the top.
    Measures ~ 41mm Length 17mm Wide & 7 mm Thick

Thanks for any responses.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=551998&stc=1&d=1619890159
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I'd be calling the fsai on tuesday morning to report it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

So the chicken swallowed it. What would worry me the most is, was the chicken processed dead or alive. I mean did it die from it and if so, how long was it dead before being processed?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Don’t know if it swallowed it or if it got into the carcass during or after processing.
    I don’t know if a chicken would be able to swallow a thing that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I've seen hens swallowing mice whole so it's possible. I wonder is it some part of a machine from a processing factory. Was it a chicken grown and processed in Ireland as in was it in sealed packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Base price wrote: »
    I've seen hens swallowing mice whole so it's possible. I wonder is it some part of a machine from a processing factory. Was it a chicken grown and processed in Ireland as in was it in sealed packaging.

It looks like a part of the rail line they're hung off after their killed...hundreds of them moving along high up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Yes, packaging was intact. I thought it might be something from a factory alright but surprised it would be painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Saw a video of a hen swallowing a snake, i must see can i find it now.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Saw a video of a hen swallowing a snake, i must see can i find it now.

https://www.facebook.com/abcinsydney/videos/195081712323161/

Better living everyone

Advertisement