Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs La Rochelle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Pleased for ROG, thoroughly decent lad and great to see him excel in management.

If he has any tips, pass 'em on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

razorblunt wrote: »
    What a primary school response.

Tbf it was a primary school comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The munster fans coming in to gloat is poor form. I suppose it goes both ways on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Easy to bait Leinster lauding ROG (and sure if that's all some Munster fans have these days, good on them) but the La Rochelle players have been brilliant, nullifying and capitalising on any Leinster slips and just commanding the game.

They're full value for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Half backs were a massive letdown today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Leinster had no answer found out again against a power team.

Hard to see where they go from here to compete at the business end of Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

We're turning into Munster lite in the European SF and Finals. Our players have constantly been found wanting at the highest level.

I just don't know what's gone wrong over the last few years. We're at a serious power defect when it comes to these teams now and it's gotten into the players heads. Once we start losing collisions our discipline and decision making goes to pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Byrne on one leg, nailed that kick.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That’s absolutely brainless stuff from Baird. Either pass it or take it on, don’t hesitate between both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Half backs were a massive letdown today.

They never had a chance. The fwds gave them nothing to work with today.

LAR have been well worth the win today. Leinster need to rethink it for next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Unfortunately for Leinster they are where they are, they can't go out and buy some big power players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Leinster have plenty of power, the forwards were consistently making meters with their carries. Poor game plan in the end, not forcing La Roch to make hard decisions defensively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ridiculous from lowe

I've said it before here - he's the original flat track bully who folds when it matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

KaneToad wrote: »

LAR have been well worth the win today. Leinster need to rethink it for next season.

They need to rethink how to win when forwards are Not winning

Is it just me or passing has been ****e today too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The stupidity of having the final in twickenham is a real own goal.

Should have waited until the finalists were decided before announcing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The stupidity of having the final in twickenham is a real own goal.

Should have waited until the finalists were decided before announcing.

Twickenham was chosen because it can welcome fans.

crossman47 wrote: »
    I've said it before here - he's the original flat track bully who folds when it matters.

Stupid comment. He's played well today, made some excellent reads and tackles.

Troll elsewhere

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What a primary school response.

And the quiet Munster fans coming in to gloat is big leagues, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Leinster didn't protect their runners at all. Thats really where the game was lost.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well done LAR

Shouting for them in the final.

Just hope it's not another French borefest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭uptherebels

How’s Munster going in the competition?

The exact same as Leinster. Looooosers. At least Munster don't get overhyped like certain teams on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's this kind of game that Ross Byrne will unfortunately get a lot of flack and doesn't deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Extraordinary boring game all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Faugheen wrote: »
    That’s absolutely brainless stuff from Baird. Either pass it or take it on, don’t hesitate between both of them

It’s been a poor week from him.
    He’s young and he’ll learn so it’s hard to expect him to be outstanding every time. But it’s a learning curve for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I think Ruddock was a big loss, Baird just not the same type of player at 6 and we needed all the muscle we could find.

We're still a lot more reliant on Sexton than we would like to admit.

Better team won, fair play. I'll be cheering for LAR in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

swiwi_ wrote: »
    The munster fans coming in to gloat is poor form. I suppose it goes both ways on this forum.

It'll be a pleasure to take the Rainbow Cup off their toe.

It'd be a pleasure to take a game of dominos off their toe too mind you. Living vicariously through their flown goose who doesn't want to be next or near the shytshow they have become since.

Great game from La Rochelle, bitterly disappointed that we've lost in a similar fashion as previous years. I thought the win against Exeter would've put that bugbear to bed.

Lowe was fine today. Made one error but he's the whipping boy for fans of sides he's ripped through in the past.

Game was lost up front today. Furlong is the only player who can say won his physical battles constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Absolutely thrilled for O'Gara and Lá Rochelle. They were excellent.

Leinster have plenty of power, the forwards were consistently making meters with their carries. Poor game plan in the end, not forcing La Roch to make hard decisions defensively

Leinster's power man, Furlong, took some damage today. Would like to see some replays...

I wonder was that a tactic? If so, it worked well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Well done LAR

Shouting for them in the final.

Just hope it's not another French borefest

It's either going to be an absolute cracker or one of the worst games of the competitions. You can never tell when it comes to French teams, but I'd be throwing money on LAR

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Charley losing patience with Lowe it seems.

Poor game from Conan, miles away from his performance v England. The leinster backrow completely outplayed this half.

Conan was the only Leinster back row who can actually hold his head up after that.

Baird is not close to being a flanker at this level. VDF was just battered, trying to take down Skelton over and over. Ruddock was badly missed.

People completely underestimated the La Rochelle back row coming into this. They're the most talented unit in Europe. A two time RWC winner, the best back row player in France and Gourdon who is one of the most underrated forwards in Europe.

KaneToad wrote: »

I don't know, there was a leadership vacuum when Lowe was binned and the exits went to ****. Byrne should be demanding the ball and clearing it, instead we got 10 minutes of terrible McGrath box kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The exact same as Leinster. Looooosers. At least Munster don't get overhyped like certain teams on here.

This is all so cringey

Faugheen wrote: »
    And the quiet Munster fans coming in to gloat is big leagues, is it?

Gloat? Coming from you, that's hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Still, you might win the Rainbow Cup. The world is holding its breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Well I hope LAR go on and beat Toulouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 duskyjoe2

Would I be remiss to say Lowe is a liability ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Vito has been an excellent signing for La Rochelle. Would happily have him back in nz.

Think Leinster need to have wee rethink in the off season. Still remain one of the best sides in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The question of whether Sexton would be missed has been emphatically answered.

If an entire teams performance is dependent on 1 player playing than the problems are far deeper than the just the player in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Rugby4568

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Well I hope LAR go on and beat Toulouse...

Gonna be some game

duskyjoe2 wrote: »

Yes

This is all so cringey

The truth hurts it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think Ruddock was a big loss, Baird just not the same type of player at 6 and we needed all the muscle we could find.

We're still a lot more reliant on Sexton than we would like to admit.

Better team won, fair play. I'll be cheering for LAR in a few weeks.

Completely agree - noticeable shift once Ruddock went off. We weren't able to carry Baird and Toner with that ref - they are too ineffective at clearing out the first man.

Despite what other are saying, I don't think it was the power game that lost us that. Our kicking and passing were poor through-out that game and we didn't adjust to the ref at all. Kept running down the same blind alleys.

You'd swear it was LAR who had won 4 Heineken Cups and Leinster had none looking at that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

duskyjoe2 wrote: »

Yes. He played well today and thr card was a very soft one.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Rugby4568

We should try and get Rog as our head coach

Fancy that Leinster supporters talking up their teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Leinster needed to compete at the breakdown more. Was clear the ref decided early on that any contest was a penalty. La Rochelle reacted, Leinster didn't.

An awful stop start game

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Rugby4568 wrote: »
    We should try and get Rog as our head coach

Is that a joke?

• Advertisement

Sexton might have helped put us in better positions on the pitch, but I don't think he would've win us the game. This was lost up front just like the two Saracens games.

We didn't take a couple of chances from bad passes or bad bounces of the ball. But La Rochelle didn't take all their chances either. They are deserving winners.

I just don't like that we don't seem to have learned a thing from our previous defeats in Europe.

Advertisement