Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs La Rochelle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,390 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Again you of all posters in here complaining about fans gloating is hilarious. Why would someone support a club team just because they are from Ireland?

Why would you shout for a club just because one ex player coaches for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Solidarity, Buer. :(

Shut up, Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

mun1 wrote: »
    La Rochelle bossed Leinster up front , the same story for Leinster as v saracens last year.
    No shame in losing to that powerful La Rochelle team.
    Gibbs and ROG worked Leinster out and had the tools to blunt the Leinster attack, unlike most other teams Leinster have played this season.

Some of the decision making by Leinster in the second half was awful.
    Missed sexton more than they would like to admit.
    Hard luck lads .

True, Sexton being on the pitch would stop the Leinster pack being steamrolled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Again you of all posters in here complaining about fans gloating is hilarious. Why would someone support a club team just because they are from Ireland?

Because you should be club, country , God. Id never root against an Irish province in the Heineken Cup unless their loss did Leinster a favour. But I'm from the Capital and the only chips I have are for dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

When my peas were destroyed in a cat related incident earlier on today, I thought that would be the biggest disappointment fo the day. But no. That right, La Rochelle, kick me when I'm down, why don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭uptherebels

A Cork GAA fan calling other teams 'losers', for one.

I called Munster losers as well.
    I take it you chose to deflect instead of pointing out the incorrect bit, because you couldn't actually find one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I support all the Irish club teams because when they do better, it lifts the profile of the game in the country & will improve our national team. I was delighted when Munster had their European successes.

I thought most Irish rugby fans felt the same way. I thought parochialism was more a GAA thing.

Because you should be club, country , God. Id never root against an Irish province in the Heineken Cup unless their loss did Leinster a favour. But I'm from the Capital and the only chips I have are for dinner.

Except Leinster isn't a country. And I don't have anything for any god.
    Are you sure? I do a roaring business of mayo to the capital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Clegg wrote: »
    Why would you shout for a club just because one ex player coaches for them?

Why would someone just support another team because they’re Irish?

When Munster lose we don’t have Leinster fans saying “oh it’s so bad, it was so unlucky”.

This is sport and rivalry. It happens.

And you of all posters are surely aware of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Don't have to support them but actively gloating is piss poor discussion. Ruins threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Clegg wrote: »
    The provincial rivalries in Ireland are a great thing. It adds flavour to the build up when fans are rabid. And it's good fun in online match threads when they play each other.

But the downsides are obvious when a bunch of Munster fans come in to gloat about how one ex player, coaching for a foreign side, has coached a victory against an Irish side they really should be supporting.

It's toxic stuff.

From what I can see there's one poster acting the tit. Believe it or not, some Munster fans are delighted to see a club legend do well in his coaching career. There's no harm in that whatsoever, people are entitled to support different teams for different reasons.

I'd also add that some level of schadenfreude amongst other provincial fans is to be expected. Leinster have dominated domestically over the past decade and you need not look far to see a condescending and smug attitude amongst their supporters. The fact that the fans of other provinces are now using the loss today as an opportunity for payback is understandable, if a bit petty.

KaneToad wrote: »
    I support all the Irish club teams because when they do better, it lifts the profile of the game in the country & will improve our national team. I was delighted when Munster had their European successes.

I thought most Irish rugby fans felt the same way. I thought parochialism was more a GAA thing.

When you have to listen to Leinster "fans" all season, it kinda removes any goodwill to their team. They set the standard I just live up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I mean I doubt he'll be around long, but until then, there's an ignore button that can be utilised, folks.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Champions cup semi final with an Irish team playing...

And there doesn't seem to be any mods in the rugby forum???

Wtf lads??

Where are ye??

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Don't have to support them but actively gloating is piss poor discussion. Ruins threads

You must not spend much time around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

When you have to listen to Leinster "fans" all season, it kinda removes any goodwill to their team. They set the standard I just live up to it.

I didn’t realise it was possible to be a bad loser when your team isn’t even playing. That’s about as pathetic as it gets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Delighted for ROG, quickly turning into one of the most impactful coaches in the world. Hopefully we'll see him back home before too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,390 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The better team won today and convincingly so. Still think there should be a citing of two for La Rochelle. Furlong definitely got a few shoulders to the head.

Toulouse have a few too many game breakers in the backline and have the power to match La Rochelle up front. Their half backs especially are a.couole of levels beyond La Rochelle's.

Why is fans in inverted commas?

I didn’t realise it was possible to be a bad loser when your team isn’t even playing. That’s about as pathetic as it gets!

I wasn't supporting Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Except Leinster isn't a country. And I don't have anything for any god.
    Are you sure? I do a roaring business of mayo to the capital.

I can't make head nor tail of this tbh. Enjoy your pints.

Because having read the rugby boards for a while there are actual fans and then there are the fans who are here for the winning, as there are for most teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I wasn't supporting Leinster.

I know, the team you support was already knocked out of the competition. Which is why I said your team wasn’t playing, which I thought was clear enough

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What are you sh*te’ing on about?

Is that Ryan's chance of touring with the Lions gone?

Faugheen wrote: »
    What are you sh*te’ing on about?

You might want to re read some of your posts in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Leinster discipline cost them big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

I think hes been pretty poor for some time, I'd be surprised if he was picked.

I know, the team you support was already knocked out of the competition. Which is why I said your team wasn’t playing, which I thought was clear enough

If my team wasn't playing then I have nothing to lose, was that not clear to you?

Because having read the rugby boards for a while there are actual fans and then there are the fans who are here for the winning, as there are for most teams.

Can you share your definition of an actual fan? I'm finding it hard to keep up with your utterances & am just trying to understand what logic you're using.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You might want to re read some of your posts in this forum.

Good primary school comeback, that.

I’ve asked you to provide proof of me gloating and you have yet to do so.

I’ve now asked you what you’re ranting and raving about and you’ve decided to deflect.

I can't make head nor tail of this tbh. Enjoy your pints.

You have mayo with chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jesus this is embarrassing stuff to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You have mayo with chips

Who?

Faugheen wrote: »
    Good primary school comeback, that.

I’ve asked you to provide proof of me gloating and you have yet to do so.

I’ve now asked you what you’re ranting and raving about and you’ve decided to deflect.

I didn't deflect I pointed to your posting history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Downlinz

He's been poor this year in general and missed a chunk of the 6N. Hard to see the argument for selecting him ahead of any of AWJ, Itoje, Henderson, Beirne or Jonny Gray at this stage.
    Maybe Beirne will be considered a 6 and either Ryan or Lawes will get the last spot? There's always the chance of injury and coming in from the standby list as well.

Probably not. Coaches/selectors tend to be more forgiving than fans. They know what the player is capable of and they might think they are the person to get it from them.

Ryan's introduction to top level rugby was spectacular. He's come down a few notches since. But he's still a handy player.

Edit- I think he'd be ahead of Gray at this stage ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Mod: Coming on here just to gloat is considered trolling. Red cards issued to several posters.

Uptherebels DO NOT post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Rugby4568

Zzippy wrote: »
    Mod: Coming on here just to float is considered trolling. Red cards issued to several posters.

Uptherebels DO NOT post in this thread again.

What do you mean when you say “float” ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Rugby4568 wrote: »
    What do you mean when you say “float” ??

I meant gloat but autocorrect sabotaged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

To get responses. And sadly it's working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ryan missing the Lions wouldn't be the worse thing in the world, he needs some r&r imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ryan is not missing the Lions so its a pointless hypothetical.

Downlinz wrote: »
    He's been poor this year in general and missed a chunk of the 6N. Hard to see the argument for selecting him ahead of any of AWJ, Itoje, Henderson, Beirne or Jonny Gray at this stage.
    Maybe Beirne will be considered a 6 and either Ryan or Lawes will get the last spot? There's always the chance of injury and coming in from the standby list as well.

I agree with most of that and I think you're spot on, in that where Gatland decides to play Beirne may decide whether he tours or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ryan is not missing the Lions so its a pointless hypothetical.

Don’t think he is a shoe-in at all. Lot of quality in locks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭bluedex

Wow. Came on here to have a look at opinions on the game and quickly remembered why I rarely visit. Some amazing tosspots posting. Completely ruins any meaningful conversation.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Can you share your definition of an actual fan? I'm finding it hard to keep up with your utterances & am just trying to understand what logic you're using.

Fan = team winning

Loser = team losing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Think the shortlist for the 50 players who could travel was sent out last week, the odds of Gatland not picking Ryan on the basis of one match if he was already is on the shortlist are slim to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Twickenham was chosen because it can welcome fans.

There won’t be any fans at it.

Firstly because it’s two French teams and secondly because it’s two teams from France.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

There won’t be any fans at it.

Firstly because it’s two French teams and secondly because it’s two teams from France.

I’d have thought the appetite for live events would be pretty high at the moment, tbh, regardless of who is in the final.

• Advertisement
Advertisement