Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 euro monthly maintenance charge

Options
  • 02-05-2021 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Thats excessive!! 

I have 3 bank accounts, thats 216 euro a year. 

What happened to the times when banking was making me money, like free accounts and 2.5% interest. 

6 euro is 100% more than it was. As if banks are not making enough money, bailed out by tax payers in the first place. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Poncke wrote: »
    Thats excessive!! 

I have 3 bank accounts, thats 216 euro a year. 

What happened to the times when banking was making me money, like free accounts and 2.5% interest. 

6 euro is 100% more than it was. As if banks are not making enough money, bailed out by tax payers in the first place. 
    Hi Poncke,

Thanks for reaching out to us today and sharing this feedback with us.

The €6 flat fee covers all debit card transactions, self-service or over the counter lodgements and transactions. We would also no longer charge for unpaid standing orders, direct debits, etc. 

We really appreciate all customer feedback on this and will certainly share this with the relevant team.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement