Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the point of Paul Murphy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Swaine wrote: »
    He is, though. What's the point in voting for Leo Varadkar?
    No ..i mean what is the point of you ..you asked the poster ..that poster is not a politician.

Leo Varadkar ...the point of voting for him is simple.

He has power and can change things. He will get in. He has a working relationship with the main other parties. And could have a working relationship with SF ..or any party ..if he chose.

Its not a wasted vote. Its a vote against FF ..and its a more powerful vote against FF than voting for Paul Murphy tbh isn't it?

Paul murphy can't keep FF out of power. FG ...well not now of course but there is the hope ...that they could.

That is prob why people vote FG ...

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY ...can you imagine paul murphy trying to organize the vaccine rollout? He would shipping off our supply to third world countries before we had our population done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

No ..i mean what is the point of you ..you asked the poster ..that poster is not a politician.

Leo Varadkar ...the point of voting for him is simple.

He has power and can change things. He will get in. He has a working relationship with the main other parties. And could have a working relationship with SF ..or any party ..if he chose.

Its not a wasted vote. Its a vote against FF ..and its a more powerful vote against FF than voting for Paul Murphy tbh isn't it?

Paul murphy can't keep FF out of power. FG ...well not now of course but there is the hope ...that they could.

That is prob why people vote FG ...

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY ...can you imagine paul murphy trying to organize the vaccine rollout? He would shipping off our supply to third world countries before we had our population done.

Lol.. what a load of crap.

Maybe if you voted for Murphy he'll get into power. ;)

Swaine wrote: »
    Lol.. what a load of crap.

Maybe if you voted for Murphy he'll get into power. ;)
    I have voted for him twice ...NEVER again.

And this will make you laugh...I VOTED GREEN TOO! LOL im am dumb!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I agree with nothing Murphy or Boyd Barrett say but I could listen to them in a debate.

Brid Smith, Coppinger and Mick Barry on the other hand are insufferable fools and its baffling how they get even one vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Exceltrup wrote: »

What has he actually achieved?

The end of water charges.
    He'd get a transfer from me if I was in his electoral area for that alone.

• Advertisement

I agree with nothing Murphy or Boyd Barrett say but I could listen to them in a debate.

Brid Smith, Coppinger and Mick Barry on the other hand are insufferable fools and its baffling how they get even one vote.
    Coppinger sounds genuine and i have heard she is nice.

And she speaks up for women which i respect. But a lot of the time when talking about industry policy she has no clue what she is talking about.

She wanted to out law COMPLETELY zero hr contracts. It kind of showed she knew nothing about them. Yeah for SOME they are awful.

But for some people who only want to work a few hrs a week and want the flexibility they need them. And a lot of people who have these contracts are students etc. Or moms.

Obv some people were struggling with them. But coppinger didn't understand the nuance.

Her idea of what she wanted to do wasn't in touch with reality.

Legislation to stop workers being forced ONTO zero contract hrs was what was brought in. Or something to that effect ..a blanket ban would have been disastrous for a lot of people.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He didn't end that. It was the middle class refusing to pay them that did that. And most of them don't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

.i get the impression he doesn't like women.

Much and all as I don't like the prick either you're going to have to quantify that statement with a little backup, people can't just throw the gender/sexist/racist card everytime theres a debate about someone they dont like, it's the first and last refuge of those incapable of balanced debate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Water charges were never ended.

Sorry to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

A bit of a spoofer that preys on the protest voters.

Thank **** he gets little airtime these days.

• Advertisement

Much and all as I don't like the prick either you're going to have to quantify that statement with a little backup, people can't just throw the gender/sexist/racist card everytime theres a debate about someone they dont like, it's the first and last refuge of those incapable of balanced debate
    Calling female politicians names. Like 'witch'. 'Hag'. Both of which he has done.

He didn't end that. It was the middle class refusing to pay them that did that. And most of them don't like him.

When FG, LP, FF and SF were either committed to or sitting on the fence about water charges there was only one crowd actively opposed to them and that was Murphy and his crew.
    And I say that as a middle class public sector trade union tax payer.

Water charges were never ended.

Sorry to tell you.

Have you paid any, because I certainly haven't.

Have you paid any, because I certainly haven't.

No I haven't.

But they aren't ended and will be back in the news soon.

Calling female politicians names. Like 'witch'. 'Hag'. Both of which he has done.

Ok, if that's all you've got then he's obviously a massive misogynist, off with his head

No I haven't.

and everyone will refuse to pay them then too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The left in Ireland have completely shat the bed during the whole covid-19 situation by asking for more restrictions constantly and pushing for zero covid which would make even more people unemployed, but hey they are for the working class;-)

Ok, if that's all you've got then he's obviously a massive misogynist, off with his head
    If that is all I have got?

Calling women you work with witches and Hags is NOT acceptable.

No I haven't.

Like a United Ireland so, sometime in the future.

and everyone will refuse to pay them then too

Maybe true.

• Advertisement

No I haven't.

And who is going to reintroduce these again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Huge mistake not sticking with the charges IMO. Going to cost us tenfold because of lack of investment in infrastructure

If that is all I have got?

Calling women you work with witches and Hags is NOT acceptable.

Not a damning incitement of his apparent hatred for women, I'm still waiting for some concrete evidence as to his dislike for women

Huge mistake not sticking with the charges IMO. Going to cost us tenfold because of lack of investment in infrastructure

They should have made a guarantee in the constitution that water provisions would never be privatised.

Everyone and his dog knew that Irish Water was going straight to redacted.

• The left in Ireland have completely shat the bed during the whole covid-19 situation by asking for more restrictions constantly and pushing for zero covid which would make even more people unemployed, but hey they are for the working class;-)

A push for zero COVID would have led to more people being back to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Exceltrup wrote: »
    Or any of AAA/PBP/RISE. Seeing them in the Dail, they remind of that kid who kept shouting stuff out in class thinking that they were funny, whilst in reality they're just an inconvenience for everybody.

Murphy is a phoney revolutionary poser

that kind of shtick has always been quite appealing to a certain middle class demographic , most grow out of it , a minority become Richard Boyd Barrett

its mostly a way of rebelling against your boring leafy suburb unfashionable parents and being seen as counter culture

nobody serious takes any of those seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Fann Linn wrote:
    When FG, LP, FF and SF were either committed to or sitting on the fence about water charges there was only one crowd actively opposed to them and that was Murphy and his crew. And I say that as a middle class public sector trade union tax payer.

The irony of being a left leaning politician opposing something that other countries with left leaning parties agree with.

The irony of being a left leaning politician opposing something that other countries with left leaning parties agree with.

The far left in Ireland favour lowering or abolishing taxes in many cases. The traditional right parties have raised or introduced new taxes over the past decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Not a supporter of any of these far left or whatever they claim to be but most of them are just loud mouths who cannot work together so just keep latching on to any flavour of the moment cause to keep them noticed .They have no realistic solutions to anything and never will have anything to offer except waffle .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

This is just rewriting of history.

Advertisement