Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atm retained my cash lodgement

Options
  • 02-05-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was at the BOI ATM in Mallow and I was lodging cash into my account and the money was counting, stopped, said there was a jam and that my money is now retained. It gave my card back to me and no slips or anything. The money isn’t in my account. It’s a bank holiday weekend and I can’t get hold of customer care as it states their offices are closed. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I had similar with Ulster Bank (personal account) and AIB (business account)

Ulster had to wait until the cash transit company took the cash away and balanced it up. They did credit the account on the understanding that it was subject to confirmation.

AIB were able to sort it out themselves and came back within a couple of hours.

But the initial contact would be the local branch on Tuesday morning.

Best option is to write a short note with your contact details, put it in the letterbox of the branch and they can check immediately on Tuesday morning and get back to you directly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Jayce89 wrote: »
    I was at the BOI ATM in Mallow and I was lodging cash into my account and the money was counting, stopped, said there was a jam and that my money is now retained. It gave my card back to me and no slips or anything. The money isn’t in my account. It’s a bank holiday  weekend and I can’t get hold of customer care as it states their offices are closed. Can someone please help me? Thanks
    Hi Jayce89,

Thanks for getting in touch with  us today and we're sorry to hear this has happened. 

This may credit this morning when the branches reopen. If this hasn't happened, could we please get you to send us a PM with your name and contact number? We can certainly send this on to the branch to look into and update you on this.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jayce89

Hi Richard,

Money hasn’t credited yet and it’s not allowing me to send you a PM.

Thanks.

Justine
    Hi Jayce89,

Thanks for getting in touch with  us today and we're sorry to hear this has happened. 

This may credit this morning when the branches reopen. If this hasn't happened, could we please get you to send us a PM with your name and contact number? We can certainly send this on to the branch to look into and update you on this.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Jayce89 wrote: »
    Hi Richard,

Money hasn’t credited yet and it’s not allowing me to send you a PM.

Thanks.

Justine
    Hi Jayce89,

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Justine,

Can we ask you to try send a PM to this page?

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement