Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport for toddler

• 02-05-2021 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone recently tried to get a passport for a toddler online or otherwise?
    It looks complicated on the website.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

Yeah we tried but got a message back from them saying that they won't process them while we're in lockdown. That was about 2 months ago though. I must try again. I imagine there will be a terrible long wait once travel restrictions are lifted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

What way do you have to take a toddlers passport photo? Can you do everything online and print the forms later? Also do you have to then post away completed forms once signed by a gard and a school principal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

They aren't taking postal applications at the moment so if want a passport for a child you are stuck. I'm waiting to get my son's renewed since late last year. The online system will only get you so far, you need to send the declaration to them.

No word on when they are back up and running. :mad:

Thanks guys. What body parts need to be in the photo? I can't see this stated anywhere? I know for an adult it has to be from mid torso to above head but what is it for toddler? Is it the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

horsebox7 wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone recently tried to get a passport for a toddler online or otherwise?
    It looks complicated on the website.

Thanks

I applied for our new born baby when she was 2 months old last october and got her passport March this year after patiently numerous times contacting dfa.ie.

I have to take numerous number of photos of our baby and many attempts until the online computer accepted it the upload. Have to get the gards to sign a form aswell and send everything by post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Passport office opened today for online applications. On their twitter they state they aim to have all renewals done in May, all first time applications in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It might be easier to get the photos taken in the chemist. I’ve always found it Is anyhow, and some of them will give you a code for an online application

Thanks. For a toddler does the photo need head to mid torso? Seems that a first time baby passport you have to do some of the application online then print forms and then bring forms to Garda etc and then post them off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

horsebox7 wrote: »
    Thanks. For a toddler does the photo need head to mid torso? Seems that a first time baby passport you have to do some of the application online then print forms and then bring forms to Garda etc and then post them off?

Yes, below taken from citizen info.

Digital photographs

You must include a digital photo as part of your application. You can do this in 3 ways:

Have your child’s photo taken at a participating photo provider, who will give you a unique code to include with your online application.
    Have your child’s photo taken at a photo provider, and ask them to email it to you, or save the photo on a USB device, or other storage method. You must have access to the photo when completing your online application
    Take a photo at home using a digital camera or smartphone. The photo must capture your child’s image from the waist upwards .
    You can read more about the photo requirements for the Passport Online service.

Proving your child’s identity
    When your online application is completed, you will be asked to print a Child Passport Identity and Consent Form
    If you are applying in Ireland, this form must be signed by an "appropriate witness"
    If you are applying outside Ireland, the form can be witnessed by a person in one of the occupations listed on the Passport Online site, or on the verification form itself.
    The Passport Service must get consent from all the child’s guardians before it can issue a child’s passport. See "Guardian Consent" below for how guardian's consent works.
    Your child's other guardian (if there is one) can ask another appropriate witness to witness their consent separately, if they wish.
    If your child is 7 years old or above, your child will sign the form in the presence of the witness (you can sign the form on your child’s behalf for younger children)
    Sending documents
    Once the application is completed, you will be asked to print an Application Cover Page. This will list the documents you have to send to the Passport Service. All documents sent must be original. The Passport Service recommends that you use a secure method of postage for sending your documents. A postage label is generated as part of your application (if you are applying in Ireland).

If you are applying outside Ireland, you should use a reliable postal service. In some countries, the local postal services are not reliable. In this case, you can submit your documents to your nearest Irish Embassy.

Do they return original birthcerts?

• Advertisement

Thanks.

I went to post office today with all completed documents to be sent by passport express but unfortunately the post master wouldn't accept it. Unfortunately the passport office won't accept applications directly or by registered post.

I got the APS1 form in the post office everything is filled it can l now post it to the passport office directly as an post passport express service is now paused?

Passport office telephone lines are closed and web chat is unavailable

Is it only online applications that can be posted to the passport office or can paper applications from the APS1 form also be posted? I have completed the APS1 form that l got from the post office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Only online applications yet. Can submit supporting documents and stuff through post office. Just not the passport express applications.

Cheers

Advertisement