Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Staines said what??????

He said it again tonight. https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1400209002726842368

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yep he was fairly balanced about it to be fair

And I'm not a fan of him

• Registered Users Posts: 38,360 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That hairstyle is quite something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That hairstyle is quite something

Attacking personal appearance now.....classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

fr336 wrote: »
    I haven't been on this thread for probably a year - reassuring to see the same old arguments :D I very much doubt the govt wants restrictions forever...it must get boring seeing the economy going down the toilet and the masses moaning at them. Being in the UK and young(ish), have had my first jab and second is in a matter of weeks.

If you value your sanity -stay off it for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

Since the over 70's were vaccinated yes. Any parks all around Ireland people are drinking away and house parties are rampant all over the country. Young people don't care anymore.

As far as 'young people 'are concerned -especially around Limerick at the mo-the infamous 'Indian variant' is just a new brand of curry sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The most vulnerable are vaccinated now and less than 100 in hospital.

So yea, the restrictions are currently over the top.

Don't want to get into argument but Covid should be zero news now.

Time to move on.

This line keeps getting wheeled out, not the case whatsoever, 2,910 people from Cohort 7 has only been vaccinated out of 300,000 that doesn't seem to be most to me.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40301618.html

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1399261876324818952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1399261876324818952%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058186800page%3D4

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Give it another year and people will still be wheeling out some hermit in the Aran islands as proof that actually not all the vulnerable are vaccinated yet and thats why people shouldn't be going to gyms or getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Does anyone else work in a place where they aren't taking covid seriously anymore. It is like as if everything went out the window as soon as vaccines came along.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My brother lives in belgium ..he is in his twenties and already got his vaccine :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If Anthony Staines is being seen as having a liberal position on something Covid related were in a bad way.

The BBC link posted up thread about lifting of restrictions is both eye opening and soul destroying. The most conservative restrictions in Europe by some margin. We’re pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

We know these facts for some time but it's difficult to understand the logic of only 100 people allowed to attend matches outdoors from next Monday while since early May 200 have been attending Mass indoors in the basilica or cathedrals.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,360 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We know these facts for some time but it's difficult to understand the logic of only 100 people allowed to attend matches outdoors from next Monday while since early May 200 have been attending Mass indoors in the basilica or cathedrals.

Pesky supporters and there chats together on the way back to the cars/house

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cinemas are also allowed open next weekend. Indoors and potential questions about ventilation.

The common denominator here is alcohol. Anywhere there’s a question of even a sniff of alcohol is heavily restricted.

200 people in Croke Park or Pairc Ui Chaoimh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

So in the last few days I've read about a Thai variant, then I read about Vietnamese variant, and tonight I read about a Nepalese variant!

Are these the same variant? Or is this a big coincidence or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

bilston wrote: »
    So in the last few days I've read about a Thai variant, then I read about Vietnamese variant, and tonight I read about a Nepalese variant!

I'd wager there's a 99.99% chance nothing will come of any of those. Pure clickbait that's best ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

My brother lives in belgium ..he is in his twenties and already got his vaccine :(

I hope he's very high risk . Otherwise it's disgraceful .

People celebrating vaccines for likes online while thousands of people a day across the world are dying who could actually need one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

People celebrating vaccines for likes online while thousands of people a day across the world are dying who could actually need one

It’s not disgraceful. He was offered a vaccine and took one.

What is disgraceful is all the despot leaders around the globe who couldn’t give a damn about getting vaccines for their citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Tide seems to be turning against Tony in the last few days - Some Mirror "journalist" hammered him the weekend in one article and there was another one in the Indo today saying something similar.

Tonys days in the spotlight are numbered.
    Well they are anyway, it's not a permanent statutory body. When we don't need it anymore it will be dissolved by the MoH.

If they are dying they can't get one anyway!

• Advertisement

Valhallapt wrote: »
    It’s not disgraceful. He was offered a vaccine and took one.

What is disgraceful is all the despot leaders around the globe who couldn’t give a damn about getting vaccines for their citizens

Ah yes that's it . Only Europe , America and Israel care about their citizens to get enough vaccines to cover their vulnerable cant be anything else

Anyway I hope everyone who gets a vaccine for protection against a virus their body can beat on its own enjoy their likes on twitter or thanks on boards when they let everyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

bilston wrote: »

The Olympic variant. its the one to watch

Although the champions league variant has yet to break out in the uk

Were ****ed when the All Ireland variant gets here, the hurling one is the one to watch out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Its very patronizing for young people making social media posts about it. Lack of awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

wadacrack wrote: »
    Its very patronizing for young people making social media posts about it. Lack of awareness.

No different than all the nurses, doctors, grannies, grandad,and every other person posting there little vaccine card on Facebook Twitter

ZX7R wrote: »
    No different than all the nurses, doctors, grannies, grandad,and every other person posting there little vaccine card on Facebook Twitter

Well both are cringey but also very different

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

25,000 people die of hunger every day yet social media is full of people posting pictures of their food.

Covid might be trendy right now but it is hardly unique.

25,000 people die of hunger every day yet social media is full of people posting pictures of their food.

Covid might be trendy right now but it is hardly unique.

Very different again . If people dont eat they die .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Well both are cringey but also very different

No difference, sweet science .
    Typical Irish begrudgingly raising its head again.

wadacrack wrote: »
    Well that is social media for you and it's not exclusively youth who lack awareness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

ZX7R wrote: »

That is a much different context

Advertisement