Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

wadacrack wrote: »
    Its very patronizing for young people making social media posts about it. Lack of awareness.

Lack of awareness is posts like yours, across Europe governments are promoting the use of media platforms such as Facebook Twitter ect, to promote the uptake in vaccination, so if one 20 year old gets vaccinated and shares this and five of his friends decide to get it .its a win win situation for everybody.

That is a much different context

It is not a different context, no different a granny been able to see her gran kids because of been vaccinated or 20 year old Paul been able to socialize because of been vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

ZX7R wrote: »
    No difference, sweet science .
    Typical Irish begrudgingly raising its head again.

Eh what ?

Very different again . If people dont eat they die .

If people don't get vaccinated no matter what the age people will die.
    No difference.

• Advertisement

It is not a different context, no different a granny been able to see her gran kids because of been vaccinated or 20 year old Paul been able to socialize because of been vaccinated.

Their a huge difference in the outcomes of different age groups.. Its completely different. You don't need to be vaccinated to socialize

My brother lives in belgium ..he is in his twenties and already got his vaccine :(

Isn’t it available to all over 18s now in Northern Ireland?

What are you talking about ? It's gone over your head the conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Very different again . If people dont eat they die .
    That is correct, the world hunger problem is far more lethal than Covid ever was. 9 million a year dying from hunger, so we can only assume you are just as outraged about all those people posting pictures of their dinner for likes? Right.

It is quite ironic, here you are online, calling people disgraceful for celebrating their vaccine online, outraged over something that isn't important when put into its proper perspective.

Lack of awareness is posts like yours, across Europe governments are promoting the use of media platforms such as Facebook Twitter ect, to promote the uptake in vaccination, so if one 20 year old gets vaccinated and shares this and five of his friends decide to get it .its a win win situation for everybody.

I can see that. That's not likely to have any bearing on it. Young people aren't talking about vaccines etc. I'm in that age group. Very few are posting about it. Iv seen nothing on my own social media about it, the exception being twitter.

• Advertisement

I can see that. That's not likely to have any bearing on it. Young people aren't talking about vaccines etc. I'm in that age group. Very few are posting about it. Iv seen nothing on my own social media about it, the exception being twitter.

Possibly when the age bracket is reached for the younger generation, you will see it appear more.

What are you talking about ? It's gone over your head the conversation

Eh what?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Young people aren't talking about vaccines etc. I'm in that age group. Very few are posting about it. Iv seen nothing on my own social media about it, the exception being twitter.

So it would be a good thing for young people to start doing so, right?

They should be encouraged to share it, not called disgraceful.

That is correct, the world hunger problem is far more lethal than Covid ever was. 9 million a year dying from hunger, so we can only assume you are just as outraged about all those people posting pictures of their dinner for likes? Right.

It is quite ironic, here you are online, calling people disgraceful for celebrating their vaccine online, outraged over something that isn't important when put into its proper perspective.

Healthy young People in the western world also need food to survive . They don't need a vaccine before the vulnerable

Whatever makes you sleep easier at night anyway

I can see your social media post now 'vaxxed , the staff at the aviva were amazing'

All the while people in India South America and Africa are dying as people are liking the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Dr. Em

Ireland is currently 11 out of 30 EU/EEA countries for the rollout of first doses, according to the official tracker. If you switch the map view to table form, the percentages are shown.
    https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker-mobile.html#uptake-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Healthy young People in the western world also need food to survive . They don't need a vaccine before the vulnerable

I can see your social media post now 'vaxxed , the staff at the aviva were amazing'

All the while people in India South America and Africa are dying as people are liking the post

I presume that you will be refusing the vaccine, even if you are vulnerable there will be people in the world alot more vulnerable than you who could die if you take their vaccine.

Are you vaccinated sweet science.

I presume that you will be refusing the vaccine, even if you are vulnerable there will be people in the world alot more vulnerable than you who could die if you take their vaccine.

Yes I am . Had covid .

Are you vaccinated sweet science.

No. Maybe next year when the availability is widespread . At the moment I have no reason to get one . Had covid and it was fine . The vulnerable in my family are already vaccinated

It's time to distribute all vaccines to 3rd world countries until next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

No. Maybe next year when the availability is widespread . At the moment I have no reason to get one . Had covid and it was fine . The vulnerable in my family are already vaccinated

A month ago you said you would take it when offered it so obviously I will take it all with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don' think Sweet Science has said anything controversial at all.

Dr Mike Ryan from the WHO said something similar.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ireland-should-not-vaccinate-young-before-vulnerable-in-developing-world-mike-ryan-1.4488948
    From Feb 2021 so figures are out of date.
    Dr Ryan called on wealthy nations to share their vaccine supplies, noting that “almost all of the vaccines that have been delivered in the world” were currently in 10 countries.

“If we stand by and allow frontline health workers and vulnerable people in developing countries to not be vaccinated while the rich north gets on with vaccinating perfectly healthy young people, then I hope then history books write that down,” he said.

I admire your situation.
    I agree with distributing to 3rd world countries.
    But the reality is until 1st world countries are fully vaccinated to the degree that heard immunity is reached and there national restrictions are finished it won't happen any time soon.

A month ago you said you would take it when offered it so obviously I will take it all with a pinch of salt.

No need anymore . Vaccines work so well so once vulnerable done all ok . Proof in the pudding now

I admire your situation.
    I agree with distributing to 3rd world countries.
    But the reality is until 1st world countries are fully vaccinated to the degree that heard immunity is reached and there national restrictions are finished it won't happen any time soon.

Aren't 3rd world countries the riskiest now when it comes to variants ? So would it not make more sense to move at the same pace across the whole globe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

So it would be a good thing for young people to start doing so, right?

They should be encouraged to share it, not called disgraceful.

The very same posters would be griping if young people weren't taking the vaccine. They just want any excuse to have a go at anyone who has the gall to be young I guess.

Are you vaccinated? If so why didn't you give your vaccine to some poor soul in south America or India? Or is that everyone else's job while you sit pontificating?

ypres5 wrote: »
    Are you vaccinated? If so why didn't you give your vaccine to some poor soul in south America or India? Or is that everyone else's job while you sit pontificating?

They already said they weren't. How would one go about giving a vaccine to someone in South America or India ?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They already said they weren't. How would one go about giving a vaccine to someone in South America or India ?

Well how am I expected to since he's the one making such big noise about young people having the audacity to get vaccinated?

No I'm not . No need for me to get the one .

• Advertisement

Well how am I expected to since he's the one making such big noise about young people having the audacity to get vaccinated?

I think the "disgraceful" part of their original post was aimed at the organisation of the roll out vaccines to younger people(typically lower risk) in well off countries while at high risk people in less well off countries are dying from covid still.

I don't think the post was making" big noise" or young people having " audacity" to take a get vaccinated at all.

I think you've read the situation all wrong tbh.

Advertisement