Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

The best thing is it will trickle out without their silly restrictions so that should finally shut them up about their sacred cow- the mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Absolute nut jobs. I'd say a few of them are posting here as well.

The architect seems to have disappeared off the scene. Someone must have had a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

You'd have to question if some of those are actually real people or just wind up merchants. Sadly I suspect the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,593 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder have we found Michael Healy's secret Boards account!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Fcuking losers. You'd almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

My mother is a pure example of the former. She sits at home all day afraid to go anywhere so why should anyone else. ( except where it suits herself like getting her hair done covid then suddenly disappears)

She gives off to the telly when there’s no announcement of mask mandates or restrictions. ( apparently MM is telling people not to wear masks). Also she whines about that Paddy’s day should not have gone ahead. Oh not to mention i get an earfull of sarcasm because i’m heading over to the US to see family in a few weeks time.

For a while i was like an elastic band that was getting stretched and stretched gradually. Finally it snapped yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Are you obsessed by that username or what? What was yours, before rereg?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

Absolute nutters, check bios you can see most of them have the pronouns crap and "anti racism" "anti hate speech" "anti sexual assault" etc..

Phewww!! it's a good thing they put that there, I always assume people who don't are hateful racist rapists!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

haha!! it's interesting how the people who loved him when he was pro restrictions have turned on him!!

The guy is pure data and science driven, no agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nah, he's been wrong quite a few times and has drunk the Ivermectin Koolaid more than once too. Plenty of far better sources than the nurse with a PhD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

You’ll have a blast in the US. Totally back to normal. I’m in LA atm , everything is relaxed , I’m dreading going back to the island of misery tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

It's pretty normal here too. It's just some noisy people want to undo that normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

5pm, two days out until the Doomers have to accept defeat. No new press releases coordinated as of yet, but the other evening they coordinated them to catch those driving home from work, so let's see, but there is no justification for more restrictions or even any covid "news" to report this evening.

It's important to remember ICU numbers are stable, the whole population has probably had covid the last few months and the positive rate on swabs has dropped 25% in a week.

Yeah. It’s the hysteria junkies in Ireland I’m dreading though. Haven’t heard one person in LA mention covid in 12 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Ah sure stay there so.

Anyway I haven't seen any misery on the streets around my area. There's misery in certain posts here alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

From reading this article it seems that Germany is still very much obsessed with covid. Austria is in this now small group of European countries also.

There is only one possible explanation for what is going on: Germany as a body politic is suffering from a severe form of cognitive dissonance. In order to respect the constitution – which, although it has been stretched to breaking point since March 2020, still forbids curbs to basic freedom without good reason (see Art. 2) – the federal government has lifted restrictions in law, and so now considers the matter resolved. Opinion leaders, media-savvy zero/no-Covid types, and a majority of the general public take this at face value and think restrictions have been lifted – and lifted too fast – when, in actual lived reality, they quite patently haven’t.

The result is that we are now in the worst of both worlds. Those few of us who think it is time to ditch restrictions have been palmed off with an alternative legislative reality; meanwhile, the vast majority are now scared sick despite the fact that, objectively, nothing has changed and Germany still retains one of the highest levels of Covid stringency in Europe.

Germans ‘fear freedom’

Yes, the vote-winner in this year’s round of regional elections will be stringent coronavirus policy. Klaus Reinhardt’s rhetorical FFP2-cyclist stands for a majority of Germans now so utterly traumatised that they fear freedom. You can see this in the petrified look of outdoor mask-wearers dodging oncoming pedestrians; you can hear it in scraps of conversation overheard while waiting at traffic lights – like this one I picked up yesterday regarding one of the few restrictions to actually be dropped in Hamburg of late: “I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable going swimming now that you can just walk up like you used to. And no masks! No restrictions whatsoever!” This, by the way, from two young, healthy adults who went on to chat about when and how to get their fourth jabs… 

At least in Ireland the vast majority of people have moved on from Covid, despite the best efforts of much of the media to keep Covid going.

Yep. Genuinely considering it tbh. I’ve a green-card so not an impossibility , thanks for your advise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Worse again, I've heard of a Double Vaccinated person visiting Vienna being turned away to eat...outside. Reminders that as bad as we had it previously, we are lucky that we were quick to ease restrictions in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Surprised at this populist response from you ,Seamus !

Of course many thanks from people who have always been against any type of restriction to their lifestyle throughout . I gave a reasoned answer to why healthcare is having difficulties and what has been looked for , and it is far from 'bringing back masks in most circumstances .

And whatever about that your suggestion to stop testing in health care for an extremely infectious disease is not only ludicrous , but dangerous . I can only think you are trying to stir it up by saying such a silly thing !

In the most infectious diseases where possible screening goes on in the form of questions pre admission for patients .

Many patients would have elective and even urgent surgery postponed if in contact recently with chicken pox for example.

Where this is not possible these patients are/ have been treated but in isolation.

Under no circumstances are infectious patients just mixed in with uninfected patients knowingly and the possible fatalities and morbidity that would arise if this was practice would no doubt lead to legal action against any healthcare service.

To say that the most vulnerable should be knowingly exposed to a virus no matter how mild you or others appear to think it is , is dangerous and stupid , and I am frankly disappointed that you are espousing this view .

Yes this variant is milder for most but enough to hospitalise some people still .

Also by abandoning testing we won't know either when this wave ends or if another more virulent wave is starting .

Again for the more obtuse posters ( not you, although am beginning to wonder given your response ) ..the group have EVERY right as professionals and stakeholders to request or demand a review on guidelines fir public health, just as teachers have requested same time and again in education.

To say that they should not , is undemocratic and goes against all that these posters who are most vocal about the group or other groups right to speak out , have been upset over all along. They are using their voice in an ordered and the democratic manner to speak out about the complete abdication of responsibility by the Minister et al .

No amount of wringing of hands over vaccination is going to affect what happens in the healthservice over the next month or so . Also whinging about capacity is pushing it out o the long finger also . What is needed now is an immediate change in advice on maskwearing.

People are being' requested' to wear a mask in congested settings as numbers of a very infectious viral disease are high and causing increased hospitalisation ...hardly a restriction or barely an annoyance to most . Whether you wear piece of cloth or a higher protective mask would obviously be your own business and if you choose not to , your own business too . Not mandatory , and no laws .

• Advertisement

@seamus case in point 🤨 Fintans post ..

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Hardly a coincidence that the emergency powers are up on Thursday and there’s a media stir to reintroduce restrictions. Absolute lunacy, it would be pandering to the wet wipes of society.

Just Let it go, it’s over. I’ve had it twice now and it’s no different to a mild cold. It’s up to the HSE and fat salary Paul Ried to sort their house out now.

You really need to move on. Wearing a mask on the packed dart before going to a concert in, for example, the three arena is a waste of time, always was, always will be.

Masks were a failure at Christmas and would only fail again.

Who are you talking to , and what ...are you talking about?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Covid is rampant in hospitals, and hospitals are definitely a location where masks are worn more than anywhere else. Square that circle for us.

The reality is that communal mask wearing is pure virtue signalling. It makes no difference at all at this point. You may as well tell people that they have to do 5 decades of the rosary before they step foot out their door.

For what it's worth I am pro-vaccine, and was all for masks earlier in the pandemic when it made sense. It no longer makes any sense, and masks should not be imposed to keep the very vocal hysterical loons happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Calling German people what you called them is deeply offensive . Regardless of what you think of their rules it was totally unacceptable and unnecessary

Completely wrong . One of the main pillars of chronic disease management is looking at how things can be better managed in a community setting to do just that , prevent admission to hospital .

This is the main push behind Slaintecare and why healthcare are so behind it.

You continue with this silly revisionism ...Covid is only ' mild' now because of what has 'been forced ' as you say upon you .

Vaccination and boosters have reduced severe disease and illness while restrictions controlled levels of infection over the past 2 years . Removal of said restrictions and a milder strain have not resulted in less infection and It is just most can manage to knock it back with their improved immune response.It is no longer a novel virus to our imune systems

So many have been laid up with severe illness and died, before we have come to this though .

You know this.

Edited for spaces between words .

Post edited by Goldengirl on

Nursing homes even more so. Far less turn over of patients, less visitors, less movement between areas for procedures etc.

A far more controlled environment yet 324 active clusters last week.

But let's all wear masks on the dart to pretend we are doing something useful.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Restrictions and mask wearing have nothing whatsoever to do with the severity of the disease.

We lucked out on the mutations, getting a super transmissible, mild version was the holy grail. It allowed us to remove restrictions and let it run through the community, and if you don't think this was part of the plan all along you are deluded.

Advertisement